Chapter 5: Recollection

America's POV:

I huffed a little as I was sent on timeout after missing the ball a few too many times. Damn, I really need to pick my game up again, but at least there was still a few more weeks until our first game. To my surprise, it turned out Japan was here too, fiddling with her hands as she stared blankly at the current practice round.

"Uh, hey, can I sit here?" I asked, eliciting a look of shock.

"Oh, yeah sure," she quickly smiled back, moving her bags over to make more room on the bench.

"Thanks," I sighed after finally sitting myself down, "I'm America by the way."

"Yeah," Japan almost whispered, "actually, we've met before..."

-

Third Person POV:

America was pretty familiar with the police station and its protocols at this rate. Turns out that, despite his young age, he had a knack for sniffing out criminals.

In his father's words,

"It seems our family has quite the bloodhound."

Ame sighed before flicking his eyes towards the clock on the wall. He still had five minutes until he was needed. A soft sobbing suddenly alerted him to a girl his age, being ushered out of a nearby hallway by one of the officers.

"B-but," she whimpered, "my daddy's a good person. He would never kill someone."

"I'm sorry," NATO sighed, kneeling down to her level, "I know it's unexpected for you, but all evidence points towards Imperial."

Ame got up from his seat before involuntarily walking towards them.

"Hey," he sputtered, "are you ok?"

A pair of gray orbs stared up at him, glistening with tears under the fluorescent lights.

"I'm Ame by the way."

-

I hadn't realised my mouth was hanging by its hinges until I began to wonder why my jaw was so sore, promptly shutting it.

"Yeah..." Japan laughed a little, "it's ok, that was a long time ago."

"Oh my God, I can't believe I forgot," I fumbled, "you doing good after... y'know..?"

"Yeah," Japan sighed, "a bit of counselling never hurt anybody."

"That's good," I nodded, "So, you like baseball?"

Japan was about to answer when-

"HOME RUN!!!!!!"

I perked up to see SK chucking his bat to the side before dashing off to the next base.

"Oh my God, RUN SOUTH!! RUNNNNNN!!!!!!" I hollered, whooping as he managed to reach home base.

"He looks familiar..." Japan whispered.

"Oh! You should totally meet!" I exclaimed, grinning as I dragged her by the hand to the field, "You guys would get along so well!"

Japan flushed red, "A-ame! Wait!"

To my surprise, she pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked, lowering my shades a little.

"I..." Japan gulped, "I have to go now."

"Wh- Now?" I stopped dead in my tracks, "Japan, what's wrong?"

"I appreciate your help Ame," she said with a faltering smile on her face, "but I'd rather get to know people at my own pace if that's ok with you."

"Ah," my eyes darted to my shoes, yeah maybe I've been a bit pushy, "sorry about being too enthusiastic Japan. I just hope all the new kids have a good time here."

She gave a small laugh, "It's fine Ame. I'll just be heading off now, but we'll see each other tomorrow, yeah?"

"Of course," I smiled and gave a small wave before she started to walk away, "take care."
"Thanks, Ame!" Came the response.

I gave a small sigh before being alerted to a buzzing in my pocket. A text from an unknown number it seems.

-

?: Hey Ame!! It's Philipia ;3✌️ I got your number from China btw

?: How r u?

You: Hey Philipia! I see you got China's phone number masterlist! Also sorry for forgetting to give you mine earlier, but I'm doing good, u?

Contact saved

Sunshine: I'm good! ^w^ u running for school captain?

-

I thought for a moment. I've been in the student council for a while now, so I had experience. Not to mention, if I didn't get that position, then China probably would, and that did NOT sound like fun at all. Finally, there was that plaque locked in a glass cabinet for all to see, engraved with the names of the past captains.

1945:

School Captain: United Kingdom

Vice Captain: Soviet Union

-

You: Of course Philipia, I'd be crazy not to ;)

Sunshine: Cool! Well you better get a move on coz China's already been making posters \(0-0 ')/ (<- You)

You: Really???? Wow, he's quick...

Sunshine: Yup! also gtg mom's calling me for dinner heheheh~ I'll cyas!

You: Adios

-

I smiled, classic Philipia... Always cheerful and smiling, warm like a pleasant summer day lost to the sands of time. The memories of the weather seemed to have translated onto my face as I felt it turn red.

"Ame!"

I looked up to see SK finally standing in front of me, bag slung over his shoulder and cap tilted to the side.

"Ready to go?" South asked, straightening his cap, "You've been staring at your phone for a little too long to be honest."

I readjusted my shades before giving SK my signature smirk, "Naturally~"

-

AN: Ack so sorry for how long this took!  Ó^Ò" And also how short it is shdbapijbdfpidsjf

Anyways, yeah hopefully I'll get more done next chapter (a bit busy atm with school) but in the meantime tysm for 200+ reads!! I can't believe it MWAH!! 

If anyone has anything thoughts dw I'll be more than happy to read them in the comments ;3

Until next time my lovelies~!