Chapter 10: Amatorculist (Part One)

AN: Sorry for sawing this in half (ÓwÒ )" btw, I'll get part two out ASAP

Now on with the story!

-

China's POV:

My name is China and, at 16, am among the youngest in the graduating class (originally, I would've been the eldest in the lower grade but I ended up skipping a year). Where I come from, family is valued above all else, and yet when push came to shove we were scattered to the winds. I essentially took over my brother's spot in UN High, gradually climbing my way up the ranks, but you were always there. My beloved rival, the one who both dragged me to hell and liberated me from it, America.

Things between us have always been rocky, but somehow we always ended up side by side again. And here we are, nothing more than beasts lusting for blood.

Here's my account of the events that had transpired.

-

Third Person POV

"W-wait, really?!" China's eyes shone brighter than the stars twinkling in the night sky, his face darkening with a thick blush.

"Yeah!" Philipia beamed, "It'll be fun!"

"Oh!" China rubbed the back of his head, "Well, uh, you want me to pick you up at 6:55 then?"

"Sounds good to me!" Philipia continued to grin, until taking a look at the clock nearby and subsequently paling in horror, "Crap."

China, out of curiosity, also took a glance, 2:00pm.

"Well I need to head to class but I'll see you then!" Philipia said, giving China a quick peck on the cheek before running off.

Needless to say, China ended up being late to class, his excuse as empty as his stomach.

-

"Wasai!  Look at you!" Ming chortled, "Seems you've inherited my good looks too!"

"Lao Ye...." China groaned, tugging slightly at the shirt's collar, "Please."

"I may be all wrinkly now but I'll have you know I was quite the fuss back then," his grandpa chuckled before placing a hand gently on China's shoulder, eyes softening, "if only your mother could see you too..."

"...She'll wake up soon enough," China smiled, giving his grandpa's hand a pat, "I'm sure."

"Of course, of course..." Ming's gaze grew distant before he shook himself back into reality, "Which is why you have to take as many photos as you can tonight! So your mother can see a handsome young man and his lovely girlfriend too!"

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!!!" China screamed, clutching his flushed face in his hands.

The ring of a doorbell and Doudou's subsequent barking saved China from any further humiliation.

"Ah! That must be your friend!" Ming hummed, shouting at Doudou to pipe down before opening the door, "Eluosi! Laiba, laiba! "

"Good evening Mr. Ming," a suited Russia smiled whilst being ushered in. Apparently Soviet managed to rummage out one of his, using some pins to readjust a few places.

"Aiya, so formal!" Ming chuckled, giving Russia a slight ruffle on the head, "You can call me Lao Ye too!"

"Eguo! " China waved from the hallway, "Looking sharp tonight!"

"And you too tovarishch!" The Slav grinned in response, "You ready to go?"

"Fuck yeah!" China whooped, only to be held back by his tutting grandfather.

"China...." Ming said with a stern expression.

He cringed, "Duibuqi Lao Ye  I-"

"You forgot that we need to take a photo before you leave!" Ming smiled, producing a phone, "Now come on! Say 'cheese' boys!"

-

"So this is the place?" Russia pondered, gazing at the house in front of them. It was a simple thing, with soft pink hibiscus and bougainvillea lining the front lawn.

"Yeah, should be," China said, flipping his phone case shut after one final address check, "63 Pacific Road."

"Not bad," Russia mused, cupping a large hibiscus blossom, "Alright now go grab your princess or whatever."

China sputtered, pointing at his phone screen, "It's only 6:54!"

"So what? It's just one minute," Russia shrugged.

"One minute??!!!" China shrieked, only to clamp down his mouth before continuing, "She could be busy! Punctuality is key!"

"Dude, chill," Russia huffed, lightly slapping China on the back, "just walk up and tell her parents that you're taking her to the dance."

"I'll text her," China huffed, "I don't wanna bother her."

"Pussy..."

"Hey!"

"We've been arguing for so long that it's actually 6:55 now y'know," Russia sighed, pointing at the bright screen in China's hands.

He sighed before giving Russia a pointed glare, "Fine, but you're coming with me."

Russia gave a shrug, "Sounds good to me," before following the East Asian past the gate and into the yard.

The aroma of chicken stock penetrated the evening air, tinted with many a floral fragrance, wafting from an open window that filled the yard with a warm light. The clanking of cutlery and plates drowned out the faraway traffic, overlapped with a couple chatting away in Tagalog.

Those must be Philipia's parents, China grimaced, better make a good impression.

The pair found themselves in front of the door separating them from the rest of the house, a pair of potted jasmine plants enticing them with their perfume.

What did she say they were called again? Sampaguita -

Ding dong!

China immediately shook out of his thoughts, glaring at a smug looking Russia, but before he could say anything.

"Coming!"

A muffled rattling, and the door swung open, revealing a man, bathed in the house's light.

"Oh, can I help you gentlemen?" He queried, narrowing his eyes ever so slightly in disdain.

China attempted to respond, only to promptly choke on his own saliva, doubling over in agony at the drowning simulation as the older man shuffled back in discomfort.

"Uh, we're here to take Philipia to the dance," Russia chuckled, patting China's back as he started to recover.

"Philipia? You sure?" The man furrowed his brow further, "She already left ten minutes ago."

"Shenme? " China blinked, "Beg your pardon but did you say she already left?"

"Well she is my daughter, I saw her walk out this door already," the man deadpanned, "now get lost."

And with a slam of the door, the two were left outside in the dark.

It took a while for either to process, each standing frozen as the man's words played over and over.

China was the first to break it, voice quivering, "She... left?"

Russia softened as he noticed China's breathing becoming more rapid and shallow with every inhalation.

"M-maybe she just got confused," Russia assured his bewildered companion, gently rubbing his back, "let's just go to school, she'll be there anyways."