Back In The Past

Author's Note: From here on out it will be Shen Qingqiu's POV. 

/*/*/*/*/*/*/

When Shen Qingqiu first met Shen Yuan he was still just a head disciple of Qing Jing Peak. His Shizun had yet to bestow him his name nor was he the one appointed to succeed her position.

It was turbulent time in Cang Qiong Sect, with the previous generation of peak lords slowly turning over their authority to the younger ones, many of those hoping to snatch the position from the current succeeding disciples are starting to get desperate.

During these chaotic times, it was not surprising for a succeeding disciple's reputation to be ruined to the point of no return, some would be bullied into giving up their position, and there are worst when they would - be murdered- just suddenly die of accident

While Shen Jiu doubt that anyone of his martial siblings can bully him into giving up being a peak lord, they've already tried ever since he was named head disciple but Shen Jiu is nothing but unyielding. He also didn't have to worry about his own reputation. It's already been down the gutters for as long as he remembers. What else could they do to sully his already dark reputation?

Nonetheless, Shen Jiu still worries about any assassination attempts. He trust in what evil a person can commit during desperate times. The position of a peak lord is far too tempting that it won't be a surprise if anyone could kill for it. Even Cang Qiong Sect has its own history of power struggles.

He could only remain vigilant towards everything to protect both his life and his future. There was no way that he'd simply let someone take away what he had worked hard for. Though there are times where he wonders to himself he if truly wanted to be a peak lord. 

He was thankful enough when his Shizun took him on a trip down the mountain to visit her relatives. To see them one last time before she ascends, a passage where she would cut off all ties to the mortal realm.

Being away at the sect during such a chaotic time gave him a sense of reprieve. A temporary peace away from everything where he didn't have to worry for his life. It also gave him time to think whether to stay at Cang Qiong Sect or not.

When the turnover of power to the next generation, it's nor surprising for other disciples to leave the mountain and spend their life wandering. Some would make a name for themselves and even establish their own small sects. The idea of being free to go anywhere he wanted without being restrained was  quite appealing.

In the first place, the only reason why he went to Cang Qiong Peaks was because he had nowhere to go and because of Yue Qingyuan. He wanted to know why he was abandoned, but even after all these year, aside from the apologies that he heard like a broken record, the man never gave him a reason. A vindictive part of him wants Yue Qingyuan to live with guilt that he had failed him which was why he stayed that long. It was fine at first, but as years went by  Shen Jiu was getting tired of it all.

It's been years and he he didn't want to keep up with all of his bullshit. Maybe it was time to let go and be free of his past.

And there's being the head disciple. He had competed fiercely for the position of the head disciple was because he wanted recognition, to prove that even a former slave like him can become something,he could be someone. To prove that he wasn't that broken thing that Yue Qingyuan only took pity to, that he was also capable of achieving something in his own. Then, it had been so he could protect himself and have the authority over his martial siblings, to stop them from tormenting him. Even though he had attained it with too much effort and perseverance, it felt nothing but an empty tittle when everyone was his enemy.