Chapter 11

Shen Qingqiu stood in shock as he stared at the enchanting omega Zhi Minyuan had become. Although he was already in the cusp of maturity, the omega had retained his soft features, full lips, and thick dark lashes. They were rather pretty either way.

He's growing up, Shen Qingqiu realizes, a bit stunned. The omega is turning into a beautiful little thing and one day he will be Shen Qingqiu's mate. Even with the distance between the two of them, the heavy scent in the air is divine to him, he can feel his body reacting, his own scent pouring.

He was truly taken aback that this adorable creature was his mate. All these years he had always thought of MinYuan and being with him had felt natural to him, but never once did his thoughts go past anything platonic and simply wanting to be close to him like how they used to be.

"Shen-shixiong!" Mu Qingfang discreetly tugs at his sleeve noticing the fluctuation in the alphas pheromones due to his agitation even before others could notice.

Thankfully, that was enough for Shen Qingqiu to snap out from the pull of the bond between fated pairs. The Qing Jing Peak Lord just gave a nod to the healer's inquiring eyes, letting him know that he was fine and not wanting to explain anything.

Although he showed no change in his expression, it took a bit of an effort to gather his bearings, Shen Qingqiu realized that he should not be standing there dazed like an idiot, but -interrogate- inquire that wayward mate of him of questions that he had been asking himself for years.

Why did he run away?

Does he hate it so much to be paired with him that he had to stage his kidnapping?

Or did he not trust him that Shen Qingqiu would come back for him?

Where had he been all these years?

Was he living well like how Shen Qingqiu had hoped for him?

Did he find someone else? A thought that Shen Qingqiu had always feared.

He was anxious to ask all of this of him, despite all of that, there was a big part of Shen Qingqiu that had felt so relieved to know that his mate was alive well, that his omega had come to him even after years of separation.

They only spent two weeks together, but it was enough for Shen Qingqiu to know that Zhi MinYuan was competitive and wanted to accomplish things on his own. His dream had always been to become a cultivator. He was proud of it and as the alpha of the pair, he would give his whole support for him.

Not wanting to ruin all these for him was the only thing stopping him from going down there to drag the omega away, barely. Even Shen Qingqiu was surprised by his self-control that he managed to stay rooted at where he stood, with how badly he wanted to cross the room and curl around him.

Shen Qingqiu is so wound up in his worries that it honestly shocks him a bit to see him. The omega hasn't noticed him yet, talking with someone, but Shen Qingqiu struggles not to stare.

It lasts for a while until Shen Qinqqiu notice that there was something amiss.

How come the little one still hadn't noticed him?

Surely, he was not the only one affected by their scents, there's also the pull of the bond between the two of them. Could Shen Qingqiu have been mistaken? No. He'll never make a mistake. At least not when it comes to his treasured one.

He can't help the dark thoughts that come to mind. Zhi Minyuan could not have possibly bonded with someone else. He will never allow it!

Shen Qingqiu gave a scrutinizing gaze at the teen, specifically his neck where the mating gland is located. He was only able to sigh in relief when he saw his neck clear, free of any evidence of mating bites.