Missing

When Shen Jiu returns back to Cang Qiong Peaks, Shen Jiu returns to his usual life, but everything is different now. The separation had only helped him realize he has an omega in a way that was never clear before.

Shen Jiu focuses on his training with a motivation that he never had in the past. It was the first time that he wanted to achieve something because he desired to do so, not just because he had no choice or he was simply going with the flow. Even if he was doing the same things that he had been doing as a routine for the past decades, it just felt different.

As if injected with chicken's blood, he participated in every mission that the sect would give, making achievements and name for himself left and right. Although he really hated interacting with people too much he preserved as he needed to build better connections not only within Qing Jing Peak but also with the other peaks - with the exception of Bai Zan Peak. He's not that desperate for him to bother talking to those bunch of brutes!

Many people noticed this sudden change. The determination in wanting to achieve something that was nowhere to be found in the past. A lot of people had thought that such change was for the better. There are also those who are threatened by it, mostly his martial sibling. More than half of sibling disciples had tried to sabotage him countless times. It was nothing out of expectation. Shen Jiu was well aware of the fierce fight for the position of peak lord.

Qing Jing Peak is where scholars are gathered. The peak that pride itself for producing cultivators that are well endowed with knowledge in both four arts and war. Although they were not proficient with the sword, nor were they the best in cultivation, they were the best tacticians - the most ruthless of schemers behind their refined appearance. Knowing that well, Shen Jiu had been on guard ever since they returned. While there was no way he could perfectly defend himself against all the plots that his martial siblings had prepared for him, there were more than a few times he fell for it, Shen Jiu was not the type of person to be passive and let others oppress him.

The one with the best schemes will be the one to win in the end.

There was also the matter of the loose ends of his past, everything about it had the potential to bite him back in the future. As much as Shen Jiu would be happier forgetting everything, he'd rather not have anything that could possibly implicate him. Not now that he found his other half.

It was time for both him and her to wake up from their nightmares and walk away from their past.

He went to visit the sole survivor from the Qiu Clan, his former fiance, Qiu Haitang.

Their confrontation didn't go easy as he had already thought - he never once did expect that this was going to be easy without bloodshed. Shen Jiu already knew that her grudge would not be settled in a peaceful manner and her challenge to a death match between the two of them was not outside of his expectation. He would not be surprised if she wants to stab him the very moment that she saw his face, but what was out of his expectation was that Qiu Haitang would be the one who would initiate a formal duel.

'I have never once hated you.' Shen Jiu murmured to himself as he looked at Qiu Haitang who stood before him with her blade brandished towards him. Her now mature pretty face stained with tears and twisted in bloodlust. 

Shen Jiu did not speak those words nor did he utter any apologies, he knew that telling her anything would only hurt her more. The only thing he could do for her, she who was his only comfort during those dark days was to let her vent it all out at him and let their blades speak.

Shen Jiu already knew what she wanted without having to ask. He knows... Despite that he was still taken aback when Qiu Haitang let go of her sword when Shen Jiu lunged towards him after staying on defensive since the start of their duel.