Extra

Shen Qingqiu was honestly a bit embarrassed that it took him so long to realize it.

Since their marriage. Shen Yuan had more or less stayed at his bamboo house to live with Shen Qingqiu rather than in the Liesure Pavillion prepared for him.

Living together was a big change but not anything they weren't able to handle. 

Shen Yuan, to which Shen Qingqiu had known for a long time, was messy. He had a terrible habit of leaving clutter, piles of things all over the place. Shen Qingqiu would always clean things up; send everything back in its place only to find it out the next day. Shen Yuan would smile sheepishly and admit it was easier for him to find in plain sight. Which seemed silly since everything was well organized in the cupboards. But Shen Qingqiu learned not to mind messes so much and Shen Yuan would try at times to clean up. It was clear though he would get caught up in things and just honestly forget.

There had been an aching emptiness at his home for years that he made himself believe that he didn't mind. But now, with the place so full of Shen Yuan's belongings, there was a new warmth and contentment sitting in Shen Qingqiu's stomach.

He had long made peace with a messy home. This way wad more preferable than just simply staying in a cold space and call it as just some place to sleep. Though it can be a little inconvenient, they could always clean up.

With that sort of mindset, that the mess would be a constant thing, Shen Qingqiu went about his days, merely noting absently that the bedroom was getting rather messier than the normal. He would clean a little and leave to do his tasks as a peak lord, coming home to a new mess and just shake his head in exasperation.

The laundry basket was continually spilled out and his some of his clothes were often missing. Shen Qingqiu would find them stuffed under pillows or between the blankets in their bed, the winter blankets pulled out despite it being the middle of summer.

"I can put them back if you want," Shen Yuan offered, despite being sorry for the mess that he had made when he arrived to see Shen Qingqiu cleaning up after him, the omega's face looked like he would very much rather not and so Shen Qingqiu learned not to mind them piled up at the foot of the bed. Though he really should have as more clothing ended up on the bed with each passing days.

Other than that, there was no obvious change beyond the bed and clothing stashing.

So Shen Qingqiu feels like he's not going to take any blame for taking so long to realize it.

Getting up in the middle of the night due to his discomfort from all the cloth placed in their bed. Shen Qingqiu huffed, with his level of cultivation sleep wasn't really necessary for him but he still like to cuddle with Shen Yuan. Unable to go back to sleep, he went to get a drink of water from the kitchen, padding down the dark area and muffling yawns.

His life was a bit bizarre but he was utterly content he thought lazily, pausing at the bedroom door to admire his mate, curled at the insane amount of pillows and sheets in their bed.

Leaning his body against the door frame he thought idly that Shen Yuan look a bit like a cute cat, curled up in her nest, the blankets all piled and the extra pillows pulled from the linen cupboards. Every spare sheet really, packed into the bed with their dirty laundry, their scents clinging to the entire mess.

Shen Qingqiu was really puzzled at his sudden obsession in hoarding all of thos piles of cloths as this is first time that he has done it after all the years they've been together. Even when near his heats in the past he'd be content with just a pillow and soft blankets with the alpha's scent on it.