Heat

Shen Qingqiu loves tormenting him.

Shen Yuan just knows that the man was enjoying his misery somewhere nearby! He knew that Shen Qingqiu was a scum villain but he never knew that he was such a freaking sadist!

Since the day that they actually spent some time with each other. Shen Qingqiu would leave him for days with literally nothing. No letters or small presents with his scent, no longer letting his presence known when his near, and even the other were prohibited from letting Shen Yuan know where the hell he it's making him feel so deprived and it's driving him mad!

Then when it gets bad enough, the moment where the omega part of him was getting paranoid and scared that the alpha was no longer interested in them, Shen Qingqiu would just swoop in and coddle and coax him in his own way to make him feel better, always knowing when Shen Yuan is at the breaking point. Then, leaves him again for days!

Rinse and repeat. That's the new cycle of their relationship and it's starting to frustrate Shen Yuan on a whole new level that they could only spend time when he's in the brink of having an emotional breakdown!

Was this some sort of pay back for misunderstanding him for the last few years? Shen Yuan had already repeatedly apologized for that!

Or is this some sort of manipulation game? Because it's very effective.

Don't get him wrong. He loves spending time and talking with Shen Qingqiu, he found out the second time he was near breaking down. Even though he's crude and that borderline coffin face is annoying the hell out of him because it's so fucking attractive that it's almost unfair, and he loves messing with Shen Yuan until he's fuming with anger. He's a smart ass and they never ran out of things to talk about until Shen Yuan falls asleep.

Their dates, as Shen Yuan dubs it. It's just too pitiful to call those short few moments with him as a way for him to maintain his emotional stability because Qingqiu is a jerk. It's not like those that he watched from drama and sees from other couples where they are being sickeningly sweet. Wait, maybe they are, since Shen Qingqiu seemed to like just carrying him around over his shoulder and Shen Yuan would literally latch himself onto the alpha. He can't help it okay! He just need to be close to him to an abnormal level.

But the point is, there was no awkward tension between them. Everything just seemed natural, like they've been together for years. They don't say some cheesy couple stuff, like repeatedly telling how devoted and in love they are with each other. Just simple conversation about any interesting topics. Their moments of intimacy, it was more a need than want in their case. But nonetheless something that Shen Yuan had always looked forward to.

There is an addicting feeling to being around him, Shen Yuan always a touch sad to leave his side. When Shen Qingqiu won't pay him any attention he easily gets sad, lonely and snappy. He doesn't know if it's just the omega type of thing or just Shen Yuan himself. The more time spent with Shen Qingqiu, he craved for more. Those short moments together doesn't seem to be enough. Like a drug that was slowly poisoning him.

Shang Qunghua even made some horrible jokes that he was suffering from an illness called SQQ deficiency and he needed to be administered with some glucohug and kisspirin by Shen Qingqiu to make him feel better. It made Shen Yuan want to strangle the life out of that damned shitty author for coming up with such ridiculous pun. But as lame as that joke sound it was on point!

Shen Yuan worries a lot of times, it gets especially bad when Shen Qingqiu leaves him to himself for some time, wondering as to why there's no progress in their relationship. So far all he's ever done with Shen Qingqiu was just cuddling, they haven't even shared a kiss yet! The closest to an actual intimate thing they've done was just hug and scenting and it was always him who takes the initiative.