Comfort

"You're in distress. " Shen Qingqiu remarks, stroking a finger against Shen Yuan's skin, almost tracing the black bags under his eyes.

"Good job on stating obvious!" Shen Yuan snaps though his voice was lacking its intended anger, the touch feels like a balm against his cool skin and he kinda hates himself a little more for leaning into the touch. "Whose fault do you think why I'm in so much distress!"

Shen Yuan winced when he felt his cheek being pinched "Still a snarky brat." Shen Qingqiu snorted, there was a fondness in his voice despite his unchanging expression.

And that just really rubbed Shen Yuan in the wrong way.

"I'm tired and sleepy! I haven't slept properly for days because my brain is deciding to be a bitch about every little thing. I even have to resort in using sleeping drugs just to get some proper rest! And now you decide to suddenly show up and disturb me just when I was about to get some sleep, after all this time that you left me alone without so much of a word of explanation of what the hell is going on, making me confused and frustrated about everything." Shen Yuan ranted, he knows that he's whining like a spoiled brat but, He. Just. Can't. Stop! his mouth!

"I really want to punch you right now for being such a jerk, but I want to cuddle with you at the same time. Freaking alpha and omega pheromones! I just need sleep!"

" Fine." was all Shen Qingqiu said to all his complaints. Shen Yuan really wants to hit him square on that finely sculpted face, peak lord on not.

"Stop fucking saying fine! Nothing is okay and it doesn't fucking matter anymore! A-and I just-"

Shen Yuan let out a confused sound when Shen Qingqiu suddenly crouched down, he thought the peak lord dropped something, he didn't expect that he would wrap and arm around his legs and carried him up. The action made Shen Yuan yelp in surprise. It's not even a romantic princess carry, he was being carried over his shoulder like sacks of potatoes.

"Where are you taking me?" Shen Yuan tried to wiggle out of his hold but Shen Qingqiu only tightened his arms around him.

"You said you want to sleep and cuddle."

Shen Yuan was pretty sure he emphasized that he wants to punch him too, but that remark has been completely thrown on the side. At least he got two out of three, so he lets it slide. He knew that he should find the situation really awkward and maybe it would be right if he panicked a little more or think about all the important things that they should be talking about. Unfortunately, his stupid omega hormone induced brain zeroes in with the idea of cuddling with alpha comfortably.

"The bed is over there." he grumbled when he noticed that they were heading outside and away from the comfort of his nest.

The Qing Jing Peak Lord gave a quick glance inside the room before walking towards outside the Pavillion "While I don't mind taking you back to your nest. You should know that there won't be any sleeping that's going to happen if I did." he paused, slowly tracing a hand on the side of his legs that made him shudder. " I would really prefer doing that instead if you don't have a problem with it."

That was enough for Shen Yuan to shut up and make him stop struggling from his hold. Heat traveled up his face, making his pale face brighten up in the shade of red.

"S-shameless!" Shen Yuan sputters, he can't see Shen Qingqiu but he just knows the guy had a smug grin on his face "How did I manage to attract such a pervert!" he shrieked. His voice attracting the disciples who are nearby, those who saw them immediately lowered their heads, hiding the blushes on their faces."

Dignity of a cultivator, much more of the peak lord, very much none existent at the moment!

Shen Yuan kept calling him names and hurling insults at him as if the other was not a peak lord and just a common offender. Gone was the gentle shixiong who looked after those younger than him with care and patience. Shen Qingqiu simply ignored all of it, rather, he was amused at the omega being all fiesty.