Chapter 13

(Peter's P.O.V)

I feel someone wrap their arms around me as i cry harder and harder. May has gone, the last person i had on this earth is gone. I'm alone. First my parents, then Ben, now May. She was meant to stay with me forever, always be here to look after me. But now i'm alone. 

Well and truly alone.

"Peter. Listen to me bud, you need to breath for me." I hear someone say distantly. 

I'm pulled back into the real world when i feel a hand in my hair and someone saying something. 

"Breath with me Petey." I hear them say. 

It's then that i take note of just how hard it is to breath. I felt my mind fall blank, and focus solely on trying to breath. 

I don't know how much time passes but all i know is i feel numb. My tears have stopped and it's almost like my heart has stopped beating, the world has stopped spinning, and i feel nothing. 

"Good job Pete." I hear Tony say above me, i register the fact he is hugging me and i rest my head against his chest.

I glance up and see everyone around us, looking at me with worried looks on their faces.

"What happend Pete, what's wrong." Tony asks quietly from above me. 

I take a deep breath and gather my thoughts. 

"It's May, she- she's dead." I whisper, my voice cracking at the end of my sentence. 

I see everyone's face turn shocked and feel Tony take a deep breath in. 

His arms wrap around me tighter as he says, "I'm so sorry kid."

(Tony's P.O.V)

After getting Peter to bed, i went to find Pepper. I knew what had to be done. 

"Hey Pep, can i talk to you." I say as i walk into our bedroom. 

"Hey Tony, sure." She says, she looks up with a smile on her face but it fades when she sees my expression. 

"What's wrong Tones?" She asks me worriedly. 

I sigh and sit beside her. 

"It's Peter. His aunt died." I say, my voice low and sad.

I hear Pepper gasp and i look over to her and see tears in her eyes. I pull her into a hug and whisper, "I had an idea." 

She nods and i say, "we should adopt him. I mean he is already like part of the family, and he has nowhere else to go. Please Pep, i don't wanna lose him."

Pepper smiles softly and says, "Of course Tony, i would love having him here." 

I smile and kiss her, thanking her over and over again. 

-

The next day we sort out all the papers, and all we have to do is ask if Peter is okay. 

Me and Pepper go to Peter's room and knock lightly. 

"Come in." We hear him say from inside. 

I open the door and step in, Pepper beside me. I smile lightly at him, seeing his red eyes and sad face. I hate seeing him so sad. 

"Hey Pete. How you doin'" I ask him, sitting on his bed. 

"Fine, i guess." He mumbles, but i can tell he is still hurting. Who wouldn't. 

"Me and Pep wanted to ask you something." I say to him. 

He looks up and looks to us, waiting till we ask. 

"Before i say this, i want you to know you can say no. We can hold it back if you want, you're in control with this okay." I reassure him. 

Peter furrows his brows but nods. 

"Well, me and Pep, we wanted to know if- if we could adopt you." I ask quietly, Pepper nodding and giving Peter a smile. 

He looks between me and Pepper with an unreadable expression. 

I was about to say it was a stupid idea, thinking he wouldn't say yes or want to be here when he flings himself into us. 

I laugh softly and wrap my arms around him, Pepper doing the same. 

"Thank you." I hear him say, his voice soft and obviously sad.

-

-

-