1

«EVERYBODY PLEASE TURN YOUR ATTENTION TO THE SHORE!»

The Victoria Punk was almost a mile away from the island, but the explosion of chaos and colours was already engulfing the ship as it approached the Pirate Expo.

You leaned against the railing with the rest of the crew, stomach churning in anticipation.

«FINALLY, THEY ARE HERE! ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE WORST GENERATION, THE MOST RUTHLESS! IT'S EUSTASS KID AND THE KID PIRATES!»

A chorus of welcoming yells followed the announcer's amplified voice. Fireworks burst in the sky, illuminating the path of the ship.

«They sure do things big.» you grumbled, your hand flicking up to adjust the bandanna that concealed your hair.

You were secretly impressed with how fine the mask turned out, since you had never seen Kid working on something that wasn't meant to kill before. The material was cool on your skin, in a black that faded into dark blue on the borders. Feather-like edges extended from each side of your face, completely hiding your features. A small beak covered part of your nose, but your nostrils and mouth were left free.

 A small beak covered part of your nose, but your nostrils and mouth were left free

However, it wasn't enough for the captain.

By that point, the whole crew was well-known in the New World. They all had bounties with their faces slammed on them.

«Everyone knows this is an all-men crew, and it will stay that way!» Kid had barked that morning, forcing you in that ridiculous outfit that was supposed to make you look like a boy.

You groaned, your hand crawling below your dark top to pull at the bandage around your chest.

«This is stupid. You guys are practically a fleet now, why can't I just play the part of a new recruit?»

«You'd draw too much attention, obviously.» Wire retorted, stepping by your side «It'll be a miracle already if you don't cause trouble as it is.»

Your cheeks puffed in a pout but you didn't reply, the long unbuttoned jacket moved by the wind as the ship entered the port in a mess of fireworks and cheers.

Kid's Jolly Roger suddenly exploded in the sky in a triumph of lights, and the crew's flag was hoisted among dozens of others on the dock.

«FUCK YEAH! WE'RE HERE!» Kid shouted from the bow.

«Holy...» you leaped onto the railing and stuck your head out as much as possible, eyes rapidly scanning the pirate flags displayed at the entrance «The Fire Tank crew... Bonney... Hawkins... no way. The Fallen Monks, the Heart Pirates...»

Your blood suddenly ran cold.

«Barto club... Macro pirates, and...» your fingers tightened on the wood as a hiss escaped your lips «Fuck