3

Art of the cover is from the one and only Ceejindeed!

*

«AND ANOTHER ONE GOES DOOOOOWN!»

An explosion of cheers rose from the audience as you flew backwards along the row of shooters, having cleared a number of targets behind you. The insults of your enemies got lost in the speed as you flashed them a cocky smirk.

«The little guy of the Kid Pirates is unstoppable! He hasn't missed a shot so far!» the announcer shouted in the microphone.

You spun back in the right position over the dialboard, facing the opponents ahead of you.

That vehicle proved to be a huge advantage, since it resembled your usual way of moving through the air, and it allowed you to catch up with the main group and bury the weaklings behind, as you all flew through the race. However, a couple of rivals were taking down targets far ahead, including the pirates from the Worst Generation crews.

«Meanwhile, Vito and Uni are involved in a duel for the lead... looks like they're more focused on taking down each other than the actual targets though!» Donald continued.

Well, that works well for me.

You barely needed to take aim to hit the closer targets, but the ones far away were smaller and jerking around madly – not easy to get when the other pirates kept targeting you.

«You people sure are annoying!» you yelled, dodging another burst of bullets coming from your side.

«Fuck you, insect, you're clearing all the targets!» a big guy in black shouted back, flying below you and dangerously close.

«I'm just a better shooter than you are!» you growled, fiddling to reload your rifle while another rain of bullets fell over you from someone else.

You hardly managed to bounce aside in time to avoid it.

«Ahahah! The shooters in the middle finally got sick of the little guy and are now teaming up on him! Is this the end of his race?»

The bullets were cutting the air all around you as your fingers moved fast to ready the rifle.

Those enemies were not real snipers, which made it possible for your haki to easily predict their movements, but they were all around you, and their havoc was preventing you to aim at the high-reward targets.

It was when a bullet glanced your arm that you scoffed, rotating your loaded rifle in your hand.

«Fine, time for a cleansing here.»

You were now on the lead of the central group, and your eyes landed on the participant ahead.

He was bigger than the others, with a cloak falling over his figure, so you guessed he was part of the Fallen Monks. His dialboard was also big, to better accommodate him.

A crooked smirk tugged at the corner of your mouth.

«Big device, big boom.»

Your foot hit the lever of the accelerator and you darted forwards.

«See ya, losers!» you waved at the others.

It was merely a move to provoke them and it seemed to work, because most of them growled and jerked to the chase.

Luck assisted you when the monk slowed down to aim at some target. His Observation probably warned him though, because he turned abruptly, pointing his gunshot at you.