4

The Mohican took a rough bite from his chicken leg before stepping onto the road surrounding the stadium.

The sunlight had turned into that pinkish shade that precedes the evening, projecting golden puddles on the street.

A few of his comrades were gathered nearby, a clearing among the flows of pirates leaving the arena.

«Where are the captain and Killer?» he asked, rubbing his mouth with his sleeve.

Heat shrugged.

«I don't know about Killer, but the captain had his murderous look when we got out, so I guess he's killing someone right now.» Wire explained.

«Mhm.» the Mohican nodded, chewing loudly «The people who catcalled Y/-- I mean, Kotori?»

«Most probably.»

«I have to say, having a woman in the crew feels kinda weird.» Kai commented «It's like everybody's checking her out, it's unsettling. How do other crews handle it?»

«Beats me.» the Mohican grumbled.

As to further stress his point, two big pirates walked out from the nearest exit, their coarse laughter echoing around. They didn't seem to notice the Kid Pirates, just around the corner.

«Man, that little sniper! Did you know Eustass Kid had a woman on his ship?!»

«Well, I actually pictured several, but none of them with all their limbs!» the other one replied with a sly grin «That one though! What a piece of ass!»

Kai winced, immediately eyeing his comrades. They had already tensed up at those words.

«Right?! If I could just get her alone...!»

«Pff, get in line! If I catch her alone on this island, I'm gonna thrust my cock so hard into that bitch, she's gonna split in half.»

«But what about the Kid Pirates?»

«Uh, believe me.» the pirate licked his lips «She won't be in no state to squeal after I'm done with her.»

Kai swallowed and glanced at Heat and Wire, in front of him.

A dark shadow had fallen over their hard features, and their eyes were fixed to the void.

«Excuse us for a second.» Wire growled before he and Heat turned and pointed straight toward the two pirates.

What followed wasn't pretty.

«Well, I guess they ain't catching anyone alone now.» the Mohican laughed above the screams of agony, sputtering his chicken around.

«Come on.» he chimed, grabbing Kai's shoulder «We gotta take over the ship from Booka and the others.»

After cashing in the first prize, you headed out the stadium through the gallery reserved for the contestants.

You were well aware that many of the other participants wouldn't be fond of walking beside you, so you waited for them to be gone before taking the exit yourself.

The gallery was deserted and badly illuminated, but the rifle bouncing against your side made you feel comfortable nevertheless.

I wonder whether Kid is angry with me.

Sure he looked proud before, but his mood could change faster than the tides in the New World.

Your small sigh echoed in the tunnel.