8

Your whole focus was now channelled into making your presence as imperceptible as possible. Even breathing seemed a hazard.

But God Usopp's motionless body was hanging from that monster's hand, and it was only thank to your advanced Observation that you managed to avoid that fate. For now.

You tried to calm down your pounding heart, watching the Worst Generation standing up to face the giant.

Okay, that's good. There's no way a single pirate can take all of them together if they combine their efforts. At least he won't have the time to turn his attention to me.

It was Monkey D. Luffy who first dashed against the monster, blinded by the rage of seen his nakama so badly injured.

The giant jumped forward to meet his attack and you saw your opening to slide away but, before you could even move, a powerful force tugged at your belt, lifting you in the air and quickly attracting your figure towards the sea.

«Wah!»

Kid had taken advantage of the moment to drag you away from your spot, a grimace curling his features as his eyes stayed fixed to the enemy slamming Luffy against the rocks.

«Killer.»

The Massacre Soldier quickly shifted in front of him, grabbing your arm mid-air once you reached him.

You only felt his steady grip on your elbow and the swift whisper he let out when your ear passed close enough to his helmet before he redirected your trajectory and threw you into the water.

«Get away.»

Then the cold sea swallowed you and you held your breath just in time.

A growl rumbled in your throat and you rolled in the darkness, squinting your eyes and swimming behind a large boulder before emerging again.

The timing was pretty awful though, since you were immediately hit by a sickening wave of Conquerors haki.

Fuck...!

Gritting your teeth, you grabbed surface of the rock and you shut your eyes to maintain your consciousness awake.

Once the wave passed, most of the pirates around were out.

Your breath was heavy in your chest and you were shivering lightly, but you withstood it.

«Damn...!»

«Y/n!»

The hiss came from one of the floating wreckage alongside the beach. You turned to see Heat, Wire and Booka huddling on the place. Heat crouched and gestured you to swim toward them.

Of course, they're strong enough to resist the Conqueror too.

You heard Kid yelling some insults and shot a quick glance to the shore.

The monster hadn't moved yet but had that confident grin plastered across his face. The strength he was radiating by just standing still was unbelievable. Your eyes trailed to Kid and Killer's backs.

I have a bad feeling about this...

«Y/n, come on!» Booka called.

You let out a frustrated grunt.

Joining the fight yourself wouldn't do any good anyway, you could only trust those two.

You were about to leave your hiding spot when Donald Moderate's voice echoed through the island. What he said froze you in place.