12.

Demise.

The Cullens'.

September 10th.

Wednesday, 10:02 pm.

Warning: Graphic, gruesome, and painful description of birth.

As everyone gathered around Bella, panicked and rushing around, Dema stayed frozen in place, gripping Bella's sweaty hand, as she gently caressed her hair. Alice's pacing around the room, phone in hand, as she explains the situation to Carlisle. Rosalie's behind Dema, as she bickers something at Jacob, who's sitting by Bella's other side. Edward's standing in front of Bella, deep in thought for the shortest moment.

Bella whimpers quietly, making Dema jolt slightly. It seemed as if Bella's pain somehow passed onto Dema. Just like she did with the newborns, just about a year ago. Her body, once again, was a reflection of some sort of imbalance in nature.

"She's in pain," Dema turned to Edward, concern in her eyes. "A lot of pain." He nodded at her, right before uncovering Bella's stomach.

"Rosalie, pass the morphine," Edward said, and Rosalie passed a large syringe with some sort of clear liquid from a table by her side.

"Carlisle said the placenta must have detached," Alice started explaining as she held the phone to her ear. Edward injected the morphine into Bella's wrist, and she grunted uncomfortably. Dema bit her lip and looked away. "He's coming as fast as he can, but..."

"We'll have to do it," Rosalie said, with a dark determination flashing through her eyes.

Something about Rosalie's tone caused a wary feeling to rise inside Dema. The she-wolf turned to Rosalie but said nothing, as the blonde confidently took a scalpel to cut Bella's stomach open. Edward gripped her wrist tightly, stopping her at the last second.

"Rose!" He exclaimed. "Let the morphine spread."

"There's no time," She spat through gritted teeth. "He's dying."

"Are you crazy?! Bella will be in even more pain!" Dema spat back as Bella's grunts and moans only grew louder and harsher.

"We've got no choice!" Rosalie yelled, and Dema looked away as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"What are you doing?" Jacob turned to Dema desperately. "Do some of your voodoo shit!"

Dema stared back at Jacob in shock. "I-I... I don't know if-"

"Do something!" He yelled as Bella's screams grew louder.

"Fine! I'll try!" Dema jumped to her feet, as she placed a hand over Bella's stomach. She ignored the sharp pain that coursed through her body, as she softly started to chantsomething she hadn't done in a long time. "Dicam Meorum! Testor Maiorum Tueri Undique!"

Energy cursed from her head to her fingertips, and for a second, it seemed as if The Wraith had come back. But nothing ever resulted from her chanting. Dema frowned, but tried again, and again. She opened her eyes and turned to Edward with a disappointing shake of her head.

"I lost it..." Dema said softly. "I've lost all my magic. I couldn't-"

"Edward, he's dying!" Rosalie yelled.

"Get him out now!" Bella growled, and Edward let's go of Rosalie's arm.

He stares at her for a second. His gaze is cold and unsure, as Jacob leans closer to Bella, and Rosalie's hand is about to reach her stomach.