14.

Compromise.

Sunday, 9:38 am.

Dema sighed as she leaned against a tree, breathing in the fresh scent of lavender. She had heard about the stunning lavender meadow over the mountain, countless times— from a certain brunette— but she had never found the time to go. Dema couldn't help but scowl in disappointment, as she debated whether the view was worth the hike— just for a large field with purple flowers.

Throughout her entire time in Forks, Bella would mention this exact location, at least once a week. She'd ramble on and on about the stunning view, the sweet scent, the peaceful silence, and, of course, Edward's presence, as his skin glimmered and sparkled against the sunlight. Dema silently wondered if Bella's spot was as beautiful as she claimed, or perhaps, it just happened to be the overall experience of falling over Edward in that spot.

But, now she didn't have to wonder, because she knew; Bella was definitely exaggerating.

Don't get her wrong, though. The view was definitely breathtaking if you didn't mind the freezing cold, strong wind, and an eerie silence that Dema thought only belonged in horror movies. It was a good thing she's almost completely immune to the cold— not so much for the wind or the creepy silence.

She fidgeted uncomfortably with the sleeves of her shirt, as she glanced at the lavender flowers, which shifted from side to side, pushed by the strong wind. A soft whistling kept dancing through the field but was quickly replaced by an energetic bark.

"Oscar!" Dema yelled as she clapped to get the young dog's attention. She could only see some movement across the field— flowers would suddenly vanish, followed by loud sniffling. "What are you even doing?" She groaned as she jumped to her feet and started walking towards him.

As she approached the, quite large, patch of torn apart flowers, a wagging tail appeared from within a bush. Oscar rolled around the bush, chewing on its leaves and branches, and then sniffling furiously.

"Oh, god..." Dema face-palmed herself as she stared at Oscar in horror. "Are you eating them?" She frowned, as he poked his head out of the bush. He glanced at her with a playful gaze, right before diving back into the bush. "Stop it!" Dema shrieked. "Bella's gonna kill me when she sees what you've done to her magical spot!"

Oscar looked up at her, wagged his tail, and went back to chewing on the flowers, and then spitting out their corpses. Dema tried to catch him by the collar, but he dodged her easily and ran a few feet away, before stopping to chew on another patch of lavender flowers. Dema groaned in annoyance but followed after him nonetheless.

"Oscar, come on! This is why you're no longer allowed inside the Cullens!"

Dema rubbed the bridge of her nose in frustration. At the mention of the Cullens, Oscar stopped on his tracks and glanced up at her, narrowing his eyes slowly.

"I know you don't like them either, but-" Oscar huffed loudly before turning away. "You're gonna have to learn to get along with them, because Bella's a vampire now. Whether you like it or not, they're gonna be part of our lives!" She yelled after him, but he kept on prancing around the meadow, killing as many plants as he pleased. "Okay, that's it, young man!" She said through gritted teeth, right before running after him. "We're going home!"

Oscar barked playfully, as he ran at a faster pace. He turned and jumped, over rocks and bushes, and Dema tumbled behind him. She slipped and fell a few times, due to the humid ground, but immediately jumped back to her feet, and darted towards Oscar.

"I'm not kidding!" She stopped to catch her breath, but Oscar kept on dashing away from her. "Where are you going?! Get back here, Oscar!"

Dema stood there, praying Oscar would magically turn around and head back, but he never did. He kept going until he vanished into the bordering forest. Dema groaned loudly, before rushing after him. She knew Oscar would keep running away from her if she kept yelling his name, so she decided to rely on her werewolf abilities— her enhanced smelling sense, to be exact. It was fairly easy, seeing as he had consumed a somewhat large amount of lavender flowers.