2

Teagan

Rubbing my arm, I tried to massage the slight pain away. I wasn't used to holding 175 pounds of pure muscle plus fire gear in one hand. Watching everyone make their way into the common area to get food, I stayed outside. Leaning on the front of Squad 3's truck, I stared out into the streets.

Calmness washed through the air. A slight breeze swept through the air, brushing my hair out of my face. Sensing a presence beside me, I tilted my head to see Matt. "What are you doing out here all by yourself. Trying to hide from Mouch and Hermann's banter"

A light laugh escaped my lips thinking about the stupid argument. It only happens once in a blue moon. When it does happen, you never want to get involved. "No. It was really peaceful out here. Helps me clear my mind after tough calls"

Nodding his hand in understanding, he glanced down at me rubbing my arm. A small look of guilt blossoming. "I wish I could have gotten up there sooner". At first I was confused until he gestured to my sore arm.

Trying not to blush at his concern, I face him fully. "I'm really ok. Just a little sore. No one could have known that was going to happen." Giving him an assuring smile, he squeezed shoulder. Watching him walk away, I stared back out into the distance.

Spotting a truck pulling into the driveway, a huge smile spread across my face. Standing up from the truck, and watching the former soldier get out, I sprinted towards him. "Jay". A laugh escaped my lips as he pulled me in a hug and spinning me around. Hearing him chuckle, a huge smile adorned his face as well.

"How's my sister from another mister doing". wrapping his arm around my shoulder, we started to make our way into the station.

"I'm good. What are doing here J-Dog" his smile faltered. Instantly growing worried, we stopped outside the doors. Grabbing my shoulders, I knew it wasn't something good. Looking into his green eyes, I saw guilt.

"We need your help T-Dog. I wouldn't come to you if..." but by grabbing his hands he stopped to look at me. Squeezing his hand in reassurance, I gave a weak smile.

"I trust you with my life Jay. If you need me I will be there and do anything. You are family" pulling me into his embrace, I buried my head into his neck. Years ago I was mugged and beat in a middle of an alley. I was to far from anyone at Molly's, my phone was broken, and i couldn't get up. Jay somehow found me, and brought me to the hospital. Ever since I was put under his wing, he protects me like family.

Stepping through the threshold, we were thrown into the world of firehouse 51. Bickering, people stealing food. Couples looking all lovey dovey, aka Stella and Kelly. Taking Jay towards Boden's office to took, I didn't notice the concerned eyes of Matt.

Knocking on Chief's door, I saw him gesture us to walk in. Standing up from his desk, he held a posture of a commander. Closing the door behind us, Jay stood by my side. He may never admit it but Chief Wallace Boden intimidates him.

Conversation ensued between the two males, mostly Jay trying to get Chief into the loop on the situation. Listening in to figure out what I was getting myself involved in. Hearing him call for Casey and Severide to come into the office, I grew anxious. Shuffling closer to Jay, he laid a comforting hand on my shoulder. Watching the the Captain and lieutenant enter the room, confusion written over their faces.

Shaking hands with the boys, Jay stood slightly taller. This case was serious and my two other superiors had to be made aware of what could happen. "I just told Chief, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to, and I especially wouldn't bring Teagan into it if it wasn't important."

Playing with my hands, I ignored the glances that were shot my way. "She's one of my best firefighters. Keep her safe" nodding at Boden, they shook hands. Walking out of the office, I told Jay I would be at the truck in a few minutes. Wandering into the locker room to grab my gear, I felt him before I saw him.

Turning to face Matty, he held his arms open. Instantly wrapping my arms around him, he pulled me towards him. "Promise me you will be safe Teagan". Nodding into his chest, he sighed. Placing a kiss on the top of my head, he pulled me back to look into my eyes. "You can't get injured either. I can't handle this firehouse on my own, I need my sidekick"

Chuckling softly, I grabbed my bag. Holding onto his arm, I reached up to kiss him on his cheek. "I will try". Giving his arm a reassuring squeeze walked away. Slipping past the others, I made my way to where J-Dog was waiting for me. Hopping into the truck, he turned towards me, a smirk gracing his lips.

"Let's show this suspect that we are the best singers in this town" laughing at his goofiness, we pulled out of Firehouse 51 and towards the 21st precinct.

Unbeknownst to me, Matt Casey was pacing his quarters, concerned and worried. The only thing on his mind is to have me in his arms, safe and sound.

Author Note

I love Matt. He is such a freaking sweetheart. He cares so much for Teagan that it physically hurts my heart. I also have to have the brother bond with someone and I decided it should be Jay. I love everyone at Intelligence but Jay is like a cute cinnamon roll.

I also would like to say that I could not come up with a ship name for Teagan and Matt with their last names so I made a ship name with their first. Meet #Mattan

 Meet #Mattan