14

Teagan

Panic, that was something I felt the most of. Waiting for my brother, or Matt to show up. Hoping that the guy who tried to attack me won't pop out of no where.

Biting my nails, I glanced outside of Jay's truck. Spotting a few familiar cars, I hopped out, absolutely relieved. "Matty!" Running towards Matt, he instantly brought me into his hold, arms tightening and body protecting me. Tears falling down my cheeks as I relaxed in his arms.

Soon enough my brother came back, a man in handcuffs with marks on his face. Tensing in fear at seeing him, I buried my head into Matt's neck.  Shielding my body from the man, a kiss was placed along my hairline.

Hearing footsteps come closer, Jay came over. Separating from the blonde man, I hugged the detective. "He's going away, he won't hurt you".

Eventually pulling away, I laced my hand with Matt. "Thanks Jay". A heartwarming smile was sent my way, before he turned back to talk to some of the cops.

With a muscular arm being secured around me, Matt looked down at me. "Lets get out of here". Agreeing with the statement, I climbed into his truck, not wanting to be alone. "Where do you want to go princess".

Shrugging my shoulders, I glanced at him. "Anywhere you want, I just don't want to be here". Soothingly tracing a pattern on my hand, he zoomed away from the apartment complex. My sanctuary was no longer a safe place.

Bringing my knees towards my chest, I leaned into the passenger seat, my mind reeling on what happened. Sensing my emotions, the man beside me brought me into reality but squeezing my knee. "How do you feel about take out and movies for date night"

Smiling weakly, I laid my hand on top of his. "Sounds perfect, just don't leave me alone"

"Never Princess"

————

Cuddling on the couch with Matt's firehouse sweatshirt enveloping my small frame, the superior officer held me close to him, a hand moving up and down my thigh. Sitting on his lap with my legs curled into a ball, I was resting my head on his shoulder. I wasn't in shock, I wasn't traumatized just mildly shaken.

Moving my head off his shoulder slightly, I placed a simple kiss on his cheek. Glancing down to where my head was, he cupped my cheek with his hand, caressing it with such love. Leaning down slowly his warm lips met mine, the fire within the two of us igniting.

Laying me on the couch beneath us, I stared up at him with a bright smile and big doe eyes. Hovering over me, he looked to make sure I was ok with this not wanting to freak me out. Nodding softly in approval, he bent closer towards my face before bringing me into another kiss.

Matching his intensity which was soft and delicate, the two of us kissed in sync just enjoying the moment. There was no need to rush seeing as I was right where I wanted to be. That being in the arm's of the man I love with all of my heart. Interlocking one of our hands together, we stared at each other for a few seconds,  both having these stupid grins on our faces.

Holding out a hand to me as he stood up, I gently placed my hand in his. Pulling my onto my feet, he twirled me around like I was a princess, causing me to laugh out in happiness.

Eventually dipping me like we finished a complicated dance, he guided me into the kitchen. "Now what does my princess want to eat this fine evening"

Pondering it for a few seconds, I shrugged my shoulders sending him a cheeky smile. "No clue, surprise me my love". Not liking that I wasn't giving him a direct answer, he started tickling my sides until I decided.

Squirming in his embrace, I tried to think of food but it was an impossible task when you are being tickled. Grabbing onto his hands, I held the steady enough for me to think properly. Tilting my head back to look into his eyes, he grinned at me. "Chinese"

Pecking my lips in approval, he grabbed the phone and menu, already knowing our usual order. Hearing my phone chime across the room, I got up from the stool to check it.

Picking it up, I shook my head in amusement at the notifications. Groupchats are something else entirely, especially when the firehouse and intelligence are combined. Locking my phone and putting it back on the table, I ventured back into the kitchen.

Seeing the man's back face me, I smiled before jumping onto his back. Laughter and shock took over Matt for a few seconds before quickly holding onto my legs so I didn't fall off. Carefully wrapping my arms around his neck, I placed my head on top of his, and it felt nice to be tall.

"Matt do you love me" I asked out, my voice soft.

Surprising him with such a question, he set me on the counter before turning around to face me completely. With both hands cupping my cheeks, his eyes dazzled with adoration.

"Of course I do. I always have and I always will.". Feeling this weight he lifted off my shoulders at the words. Sealing his truth by kissing my lips, we held a bright look between us.

That night it was special. No matter what happened this morning could ruin it. Matt treated me like royalty, doing anything I wanted which wasn't much. I just wanted to spend time with the Captain, as he was my safe haven. He kept me sane, and he always will.

Endless movies, and small make out sessions later, I still found myself snuggled into Matt's side on his bed. With a strong arm around me, I giggled lightly as kisses were placed along my neck and collarbone.

Lacing our hands together, moved closer into his embrace before shutting my eyes. With sleep starting to take over my senses, I welcomed it knowing that Matt was by my side. A place I want to stay in forever.