6

Teagan

I stared at the ceiling awake, a small whimper came out of my mouth as I accidentally rolled onto it. The other's went back out for another call. I couldn't truly fall asleep, not with the pain. A throbbing pain pulsed through my arm.

Walking back out to the common room, I noticed the trucks were still gone. A small yawn passing through my lips. I was awake each time time they got a call. How was it fair that I was able to sleep fully and they couldn't.

Whipping up some pancakes the best I possibly could, I happened to get it on the counter just in time for one of the trucks to pull in. I swear they have a food sensor.

I was about to make something else, when a hand grabbed my good shoulder softly. Tilting my head backwards to see Matt, he gave me a soft smile. "I got breakfast. You sit down". I was about to protest, but one look shut me up.

"I can tell that shoulder is bothering you. I also know you kept on getting up each time we got a call". Smiling sheepishly at him, he softly nudged me into Stella's hold. "Kidd get her to sit down"

Huffing slightly at the attractive Captain, I sat next to Stella, my shoulder flaring slightly. Picking up on my discomfort, she went towards the freezer to get an ice pack. Placing it in the same spot that Matt put it yesterday, the pain lessened.

Laying my head on her shoulder, she placed her head on top of mine. "You know, Matt continued to move you into his office every time we came back from a call. Why's that"

Sighing softly, I glanced up at her. "I felt bad, you know not being able to go on calls. Didn't feel fair that I was able to sleep the whole night while you guys couldn't. So each time the bell went off, I followed you guys out and watched until the trucks were out of sight"

Severide's head perked up at my talking. Giving me a look, he squeezed me hand. "Tegs, we can tell that your shoulder is tiring you out, I heard you whimpering in the middle of the night".

Looking at the table hearing the confession, I felt embarrassed. I didn't want people to worry about me. As if sensing my thoughts, Stella playfully smacked my good arm. "Don't you dare feel embarrassed. You may not want us to worry but we will. Now how about you actually get some sleep".

I just shook my head. "I'm ok, besides you guys are awake." The little bickering things occurred between Stella, Kelly and I. The other two trying to get me to sleep, while I tried to stay away. I was slightly winning, until Severide called Matt over.

"Matt, get her to sleep. She has been awake the entire time we were on calls". Handing the spatula to Kidd, Matt motioned for me to follow him. Seeing the victory look on Kelly's face, I gave him the middle finger.

Taking a step into the bunk room, I followed Matt into his office. Sitting on the bed, he stood by the door. "Try to sleep off the pain. I will be back in a little while to check on you". Finally giving up, I laid down on the bed. The exhaustion finally taking over, and I was met with sleep.

-------
After about an hour, I woke up. Not truly able to fall asleep. Stepping out of Matt's little office once i made the bed, I wandered over to Chief's office. Knocking on the door, and seeing him wave me in,  he gave me a small smile. "What can I do for you"

"Is it cool, if I take off early. My shoulder is killing me, and I want Will to take another look at it". He gave a nod of approval, but before I could walk away he called my name.

"You did good on that bridge Teagan. Just remember that". Giving a small smile, I shut his door on the way out. Bounding towards the locker room, I saw Sylvie getting something out of her locker.

Smiling at the blonde, the two us started talking. Grabbing the bag from my locker, she looked at me questioningly. "Where are you going"

"To the hospital, I want a Will to look at my shoulder again". Nodding her head in agreement we both walked out of the locker room. Slipping by the common room, and out to the apparatus floor, I noticed Truck 81 was gone.

Noticing a figure in my peripheral vision, one Kelly Severide was sitting in his comfy chair at the squad table. He smiled at me, before looking at the bag. Wandering over to him, he gazed at me with confusion and concern. "Everything ok Teagan"

I shook my head softly. "I really don't know. Boden is letting me leave early so I can go to the hospital". Seeing my partner in crime about to round the whole squad up, I laid a hand on his shoulder. "It's nothing big, just want Will to take another look."

Leaning back in his chair, he gave a slow nod. "I'm telling Casey when he gets back". Sending him a grateful smile, I made my way towards my car.

Carefully getting inside, I called Will. "What's up Tea, everything ok"

"I don't know. I'm actually on my way to you" the pain I was feeling, definitely being heard through the phone.
——
Parking in one of the parking spots in front of the hospital, I saw Will outside waiting for me. "Tell me what's going on"

Explaining everything, all the pain, the lack of being able to sleep because of the pain, he grew concerned very quickly. I would understand the little pain, the soreness, but this pain wasn't dislocation pain. This was something else entirely

Setting me in one of the rooms, he went to take off the sling, and a loud whimper took its place. Excruciating pain started pulsating down my arm. "Teagan, this is going to hurt, but I need you to stay strong ok"

Lifting my arm, I almost felt like my arm was about to be snapped off. Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried not to cry. Lowering my shirt slightly to see my shoulder, I didn't like the look on his face. "Will" .

Sitting beside me, I knew terrible news was coming my way. "We have to run another scan, and if it shows what I think it will, you have to get surgery".

Surgery. Tears welled in my eyes as I looked at him, sympathy so clear in his eyes. Carefully pulling me into a hug, I cried softly. "Can you call Jay, and Boden" I whispered out. Feeling his head move up and down, he pulled away.

Instructions were given, and April came into the room to help me change into the hospital gown. Scans were taken, but I already knew I would have to get the surgery.

I have no idea how long time has passed but a certain brother came flying into the room. "Teagan"

Basically lunging at me with concern, he sat on the bed, eyes full of fear. Noticing my own fear, he grabbed my hand, squeezing it. "I'm scared Jay. What if I can't work anymore, I love the firehouse and...."

The dark haired Halstead just wrapped his arms around me. "Everything will be ok". Sitting in comforting silence, Will came back in. Sighing ever so slightly, both brothers squeezed my hands in reassurance.

Being wheeled out of the room, I didn't even notice that firehouse 51 was sitting in the waiting room. Fear and sadness radiating off of them, seeing as one of their own was more injured than everyone thought.

Author Note
So I would like to state that Teagan will be a firefighter again. You know she won't be working for a little bit, but that is to recover and get strength back in her arm.