12

Teagan

"How did he bend his leg so far" was what heard entering the bunk room. Faltering slightly, I pivoted towards the usual culprits, the girl crew.

But before I question them, dispatch went off. Groaning slightly I followed my partner in crime to the apparatus floor. Gearing up in a few seconds, I climbed into the truck.

Leaving the firehouse, I caught Matt's figure in the trucks side window. I chuckled to myself, he was going to do the same thing I did when I was injured. Come outside and watch me off if they didn't have a call.

Leaning back in on the seats, I laid my head on Severide's seat. "Do you understand some of the conversations Stella has, because every time I enter a room, I always hear the wrong context"

Shaking his slightly, a smile formed nonetheless. "That sounds like Stella. Now how did you and Captain Casey finally become a thing"

Chuckling softly, I shrugged. "Things finally fell into place"

Stopping the truck, we all eyed the scene in front of us. A call we all hated, especially at night. Underwater rescue. "Capp, Tony I need you to get those lights up. Cruz get the ropes. Tegs you're coming with me"

All breaking away to do our job, I quickly put on the scuba gear. Checking each other to see if we were ok, Cruz handed us our diving gear, and attaching ropes around us. Only I looked at the water, not liking how this was looking. "We don't got long, that car has been under long enough"

Ignoring the memories that surfaced about my injury, I glanced at Severide who nodded. Diving into the cold water, I swam as far as I could. Wrapping my arms around one of the victims from the car, I swam to the surface.

Watching Kelly jump in. I swam to shore to head paramedics the woman before diving back in. Getting back to the car, and picking up the last person, they started to fight my hold.

Trying to keep the person calm and bring them, I tried to ignore them, until they ripped my mask off my face. Water smacked me in the face catching me off guard.

Tugging on my rope, I held my breath for as long as I could. The second I surfaced Squad was already in the mainland. Coughing violently, I passed the hostile person over. Hands quickly wrapped around me pulling me out. "Where the hell is your mask Teagan"

Through panted breaths, I pointed towards the person they just took. "He ripped it off". Helping me off the ground and unhooking the rope, I started shivering immensely.

Walking back towards the truck, I undid the scuba gear, putting it away before instantly hopping into the truck for warmth. Touching my face, I quickly moved my hand away as I felt it sting. "Don't get smacked in the face with cold water, it hurts" was the first thing I said when everyone got inside.

Driving back to the firehouse with the heat blasting, I still could find warmth. Stepping out, a certain Captain was waiting outside with a blanket. Raising my eyebrow at him, he stepped forward instantly wrapping it around me. "Severide texted me, figured you would be freezing"

Watching the others instantly go straight towards the Bunk Rooms, I stayed back with Matt for a few. "Is it cool if I stay with you. I'm absolutely freezing and...", my reply was a simple kiss to the lips and his hand intertwining with mine.

Walking into the bunk room, bypassing everyone, we entered Matt's office. Sliding off my boots, I got on the small bed with Matt, snuggling into him. He wrapped his arms around me, sending off waves of heat. 

Laying my head on his chest, a kiss was placed on my forehead. Leaning his head on mine, I closed my eyes at the sound of his heart beat. Rubbing his hand subconsciously over my arm, the movement was lulling me to sleep. 

Throughout the night, calls continued to pour in, and sleep became something that no one was going to get. Hearing the bell go off once again, I buried my head deep in Matt's chest, waiting to hear who was getting called out. 

Almost sighing in relief at hearing ambo being called out, Matt's hold on me tightened. Lifting my head to look at him, his tired blue eyes were already on mine. "We should probably get up Princess"

Sighing softly, I sent him a nod of agreement. Sitting up from the bed, I turned on the bed to face him. Cupping my cheek, the captain leaned forward gently kissing my lips. Smiling into his lips, the two of us exited the office, seeing some of the others getting up as well. 

The sound of Severide's door opening, I spotted Stella leaving his quarters. Winking at the girl, she shook her head smiling. Bounding over to each other, we left the bunk room, allowing the two superiors to talk. 

Stella and I were talking about some girl things when she turned towards me. "We need to do a girls night". Nodding my head enthusiastically. 

"I could call Kim and Hailey, see if they want to go somewhere.". While the two of us started to come up with plans, Sylvie and Emily returned instantly joining in.

Movement and conversations started to sound through the firehouse, and everything was falling into place.  Trying to figure out places to go, arms wrapped around my neck, a head being placed on top of my head. "What are girls up too"

Leaning back into the chair, I laced my hand in Matt's. "Girl's night, trying to figure out where we want to go". Making a sound of acknowledgement a kiss was placed on my cheek before he walked away. 

Texting Hailey, and getting an instant response about about being game, we decided to do a movie night as someone's apartment. We didn't want to deal with people today considering all the calls we got last night. Deciding to bunk down at Stella's which really was Severides, we booted him out of the apartment for the night. 

He was going to try to put up a fight but gave up when Stella flashed him the puppy eyes. Sighing at his love, he smiled at the woman. "Only because I love you". 

--------

Changing out of my shift clothes, and into something more casual, hands wrapped around my waist and a kiss was placed along my neck. Chuckling at the Captain, I turned around to face him fully. "Have fun with Severide tonight". 

Sending a dazzling smile, the blue eyed gentleman laughed. Pulling me closer to him, he stared into my eyes lovingly. "I will, but you and I are having date night tomorrow". 

"You got yourself a deal Captain"

Grabbing our bags out of our lockers, the two of us started to leave hand in hand. Stopping on the driveway, Matt faced me. "Have fun tonight, and if you need anything, call me". Capturing my lips, we kissed each other passionately for a few seconds before he pulled away. 

Watching the blonde-hair man walk away, I still help a large smile, as I waited for Stella. Waving off my boy, I turned around to see Stella and Kelly kissing themselves. Quickly tunring around to give them their moment, I ventured towards my car. 

Footsteps started jogging towards me, and there stood a happy Stella Kidd. "We are both whipped". Flicking my eyes towards the dark haired girl, I nodded slowly. 

"yeah, but it isn't something I would change for the world."