Ch. 16

I kicked my legs, grabbing the cup with everything but my pinky. Though, the boss ruined my life, I was determined to stick with the villains for a while. They treated me better than anyone in the hero course classes. I stopped, remembering Tetsu and the nurse.
     Some hero, huh? I can't even make up my mind on what side to be on. And I hardly go to school anymore, so I'm behind on all studies. I'll never be a hero. But Tetsu believed.
     Tetsu...why does my heart lurch when I think of him? Why did I constantly want him around? "What's eating you?" I looked to Mr. Compress, then down to my hands. "Aw, you can tell me. We are on the same side."
     Same side... "Just, some kid. Compress, have you ever had a crush?" I laid my head down, looking up at him. He seemed taken aback, then leaned his head into his hand.
     "Before this, yes." I nodded, flexing my hands a bit.
     "How do you know if you have one?" I couldn't see it, but I knew his was either smiling gently like a dad or smirking like his arrogant self.
     "You can't get the person off your mind. You get sick at the mention of their name." I looked away, feeling heat rise. "You blush," he chuckled, poking my cheek.
     "Hey, Compress?"
     "Mhm?"
     "Never mind," I sighed, lifting my head back up and looking at Kurogiri.
     "No, you can tell me, Y/n." He muttered, poking my cheek once more.
     "Do you think a villain can ever fall in love with a hero?" My voice faltered, but I found it before finishing. Silence followed making me squirm when eyes bored into me.
     "Those kids, huh?" Shigaraki sat down on my other side, sighing. "You shouldn't worry yourself with those little ones." I looked to Compress, ignoring Shigaraki.
     "Depends," he sighed, looking away. "We did have a lone villain who left our side to join the heroes after falling for one, so I suppose so." I nodded, smiling a little.
     "That eases my mind a little," I chuckled, closing my eyes. "Thanks for listening," I muttered, taking a nap.

     I went back to school with per request from Shigaraki. The only reason I joined was to be a rat on the inside. So, here I am. Taking in all the information and playing around with backstabbing thoughts. A hand lightly pat my shoulder, my body jumping slightly.
     "Y/n, you okay?" Tetsu. My stomach turned, remembering my conversation with Mr. Compress earlier that day.
     "Yeah, I'm fine," I mumbled, writing the last few words down.
     "You look spaced out, so I wondered if, maybe, you were doing okay," he shrugged, smiling faintly. Damn that smile.
     "No, I'm good now that you're here." I stared at my paper, eyes growing wide and face growing hot. What did I just say? He chuckled, nodding.
     "That's good," he smiled, sitting back into his chair. Kendo giggled, reaching over to give me a friendly punch on the arm.
     "Way to go, Y/n. Trying to woo him early?" My face grew hotter, my blood reaching some sort of boiling point. I felt flames flicker at my ears, a few kids around whispering. I grabbed the tip, glad that not all fingers were used, and put the flames out.

     I sat alone at lunch, on the roof, eating my ramen. I hummed when I finished, looking at the horizon. A smile made it's way onto my face, staying there as I watched a flock of birds fly by. Peace.
     Finally, something to give me a break between the worlds I created. I leaned back, making sure to lift a finger up before I turned the school to dust. I stopped smiling, feeling somebody else sit beside me. I glanced, seeing a skinny blond male. "Hey."
     My mind wandered back to when I spoke to All Might before, and how he turned skinny. I nodded to myself, sighing. "All Might." Silence followed and I stared at the horizon.
     "Listen, I know we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, kid." I looked to him, chuckling. "But, I just want you to know I am a hero. It is my job to help protect you and the other students." I looked to my hand, seeing a small flame flicker.
     "Do your job. Obviously, like you, plenty of these students think I am a villain." He sighed, looking over to me.
     "You're a student, Y/n. As a teacher and as a hero, I have to-"
     "Then leave me behind," I grumbled standing up. I turned, leaning back. He grabbed my wrist before I fell, holding me as I dangled. "Let go," I mumbled, pressing a foot against the glass.
     "No, young Y/n." I looked up, touching four fingers. He dropped me, a shocked look coming over his face after he did. I landed on my back, grunting at the impact.
     "Great," I groaned, getting up and heading into the building. I scanned over everybody, rushing towards the classroom. Once I got there, I took a deep breath, entering into the empty room. First one here since lunch wasn't over yet. I sat in my seat, laying my head on my arms.

     School was over and all the students returned to their dorms. But me? I sat on the roof of the school, looking at the horizon once more. My attention landed on the group of kids walking away, each one never looking back. I looked back up to the horizon, a single bird flying away.
     I hummed, laying back and closing my eyes. Being up here alone is peaceful. Listening to the fading chatter was peaceful. It surprised me when we had the dorms. It meant Shigaraki didn't invite me to something. Maybe he did care about my health?
     As a villain, I expected him to pop up and demand help while I was dying in a hospital bed. But, that never happened. I sighed, my face growing hot as I remembered this morning. The flames pulled me out of that memory, my head spinning.
     So, anger and embarrassment can bring the flames forth? Maybe I should practice some with Dabi, but first I should get on his good side. I sat up, drawing my legs away from the edge. "Y/n!" I looked back, seeing Tetsu wave his hand. How did he get up here?
     "Yeah?"
     "I know we haven't been hanging out a lot. I mean, friends don't do that. Friends hang out a lot," he chuckled, looking to the horizon. "And then I thought, I did say I was going to help you with relationship things. So, technically, we're in a relationship." My face grew hot, flames licking the side of my hair from the tips of my ears.
     "Y-yeah?" I questioned, cursing at myself once I realized I stuttered. He looked to me, smiling.
     "Maybe we can go on a date now!"