Ch. 21

I sighed, tapping my cheek with my finger. A knock, a frantic one as well, started earlier, but I didn't want to answer it. I had too much on my mind at this point. Then, a voice. Like magic, I suppose. "Y/n, it's Vlad King. I need you to stay with another teacher. I have to take care of some things." I looked to the door, the sighed.
     "Sure. Are we all heading to the other dorms or are we having some sort of party outside?" I slipped my shoes on, struggling in with my coat. I then opened the door, looking at my teacher. He sighed, shaking his head.
     "Well, you'd all be split among classes. Today is a school day, so you still need to learn." I nodded, then bowed.
     "Yes sir, I understand. I'll go now," I mumbled, grabbing my bag from the wall and tying it around my waist. Anything better than learning from other teachers? Oh, maybe learning that my parents were lying to me. Or how about the fact that my dad was a villain the whole time? I followed after Vlad, stopping in the main room. The others turned their eyes to me, making me feel uncomfortable.
     "Alright, you know what you're to be doing. Y/n, Kendo will lead you to where you're supposed to be going." She quickly raised her hand, pointing to Tetsu.
     "Sir, we can let him take her. They do have the same places to head to." My face began to grow hot, a small bit of blue flames forming. A few chuckles and laughs resounded, making me angry and frustrated.
     "Don't worry, Y/n! It'll be fun!" Tetsu chirped, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "I got her, sir!" Vlad stared before giving a nod.
     "Alright. You are all dismissed." We left the building with Vlad, watching as he walked off before heading to the school building.

     I sat in a corner, watching as the others practiced their quirks. I was forbidden to use the second quirk by my mom, so what else could I do? Touch something? "Young, Y/n." I glanced over to All Might, sighing.
     "What is I? Want me to touch a sheet of paper? I can't shut this quirk off and there's nothing I could to help it get better. It'll only get worse," I mumbled, watching as the kids continued their practices.
     "Not at all, Young Y/n. I was just checking on you. " I sighed, shaking my head.
     "I'm doing the best I can. I mean, after finding out something shocking, I have to attend classes with this lot and I don't like that. I don't even like the way that purple headed, short ass, dick is looking at the girls. I'll fuck him up," I mumbled, shaking my head.
     "Yes, he seems to do that a lot, but that isn't why your class came here. Vlad King had to do a hero thing, so he couldn't teach right now." I nodded, sighing.
     "Figured that out," I sighed, standing up. "Well, lunch is close, so adios." He sighed, grabbing my arm. 
     "Young Y/n, there's something I must speak to you about?" I scoffed, tugging my arm back.
     "Tell me now, All Shit. I'm tired and hungry. I'll fuck a bag if bones up just to get my food if that's what it takes." He sighed, shaking his head.
     "I was just wanting to speak of your time missing." Time missing, huh? What, did some bad guy wreck some shit up while I was gone? "Teachers, including Class 1-A, have had enough time to look into your second quirk and conditions. There is another villain with your quirk." I nodded, giving a sigh.
     "So you assume I'm a villain, I say "Fuck you, dumbass" and then I go eat. Okay, fuck you, dumbass." I quickly turned, jogging out of the room before the bell rang. Tetsu had chased after when it finally rang, panting lightly.
     "What was that about?" I shrugged, sighing. I honestly didn't know why that lame hero wanted to try and talk to me.
     "Telling me about another villain with that quirk. Sadly, it seems even the heroes are disapproving of their students," I gave a soft chuckle, then thought back to my parents. God, then the parent I didn't know was my father. "Damn," I muttered, looking towards the gate.
     "What is it?" I looked up to him, shaking my head.
     "Nothing. Just forgot my lunch was all," I muttered, half telling the truth.
     "I'll share with you! What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let my girl starve?" I choked, looking to him.
     "No, it's fine. I wasn't planning on eating anyways. I was originally planning on eating at home the rest of the week so I can take my medicine there, but my dad," I stopped taking a deep breath. "He...uh...wanted me to stay on campus? Yeah, that's it." He gave me a glance, nodding.
     "I'll go with you to Recovery Girl," he shrugged with a smile. I looked to him, something turning in my stomach.
     "Uh...sure." He nodded with a smile.

     I sat in the dorm, replaying the events of today. I wanted answers from my mom and from Shigaraki. And my "dad". What the hell was going on? I looked to the door, nodding to myself. If that hero All Might is nightly worried about me, he could take me to mom's. But with Shigaraki...I'd have to go by myself. I shook my head, quickly leaving the dorm room and the dorm building. I stood on the porch, holding my breath. Then, I went to leave the gates.
     If any teacher was watching, they'd just have to follow. Only because I began to make a mad dash for home. Of course I would, who wouldn't want to get there quicker?

     I arrived home, panting while climbing the steps. I stepped through the front door, watching as my parents turned to me with wide eyes. "Answers." I stopped, catching my breath. "I want answers now." My mom hesitated, but F/n stood up and led me to the kitchen. We all sat down at the table, F/n passing me a cup of water and sitting beside my mom.
     "I told you a little that I know of. Sadly, the rest has to come from your mother." I nodded, eyes landing on her annoyed, yet knowing, expression.
     "Look, I met him while I was walking home from school one day. I kept meeting up with him regardless of his villain title. Before I knew it, I was pregnant with you and I began to care whether or not he was a villain. I didn't want you getting hurt and he showed childish anger, so I had to leave." She glanced to my dad, with a stressed smile. "Your dad here was a friend of mine and of course he didn't know. But after the fact I had you, he wanted to be with me. With our own family.
     So please, leave it this way. I don't want you talking to that man ever again. Let alone be near him." I shook my head, placing my fifth finger on the cup and watching as it turned and the water spilled.
     "I can't. Mom, it's like telling you to pick a parent." She grew a stern face, standing up with my father following. I stood up as well, taking a shaky breath. "He was right by the way. The love of both sides?" She hesitated with hiding her emotion. I saw it falter. "Mom, you wanted to be a hero, right? And he wants to be the best villain. What will I be? The middle piece. The no one." She quickly rushed over and hugged me.
     "Seeing him has already messed you up," she whispered, kissing my head.
     "No, knowing he was my dad kinda did that. Knowing you tried to push hero shit on me did too. You were sad because I was with my quirk." I pushed away, my gaze faltering. "You put sadness on me and yourself because you didn't want me knowing him."
     "Because I didn't want you to be like him! A villain! Y/n, I don't want my little girl growing up wicked even though I brought her up with happiness and-"
     "Sadness," I spat. "I felt worthless and empty all those years because of my quirk! I was all alone with it and I felt useless because of it! Special? Never crossed my mind." I left the kitchen, stopping at the front door. "I love you, mom. But now I feel conflicted is all." I left, finally getting a little backstory to that.
     I watched as Dabi stopped, looking to him. "He said you'd be here." I shook my head, crossing my arms.
     "Who's he? My dad?" I stopped, then gave a small smirk. "Wrong time for that type of joke considering he I actually know now," I mumbled to myself. "Well, what does he want? I have to spy on the hero kids."
     "We are gathering someplace else. We need all of the league there, which means you too." I looked back, quickly jogging up and following after him. "Twice is supposed to bring us somebody to meet. Somebody important." I nodded, watching him glance back to me. "You need to change once we get there. We can't have you being recognized in case he knows you."
     "Sure," I mumbled, pocketing my hands. Bad idea. My jacket slowly turned as I sighed. "Damn," I mumbled, shrugging the dust off of my shoulders. What a nice day, huh?