Ch. 17

I choked on nothing, the flames on my ears growing and small flames danced on my cheeks. "Woah!" Tetsu held his hands up, then slowly put them down with a smile. "Is that supposed to be a blush?" He chuckled, leaning forward. I quickly pat at my cheeks, then my ears.
     "No," I mumbled, hearing him chuckle again.
     "Come on, it's okay! I like the way the flames replace the blush," he laughed, pulling my hands away from my face. I stared down, the flames coming back. He stood up, pulling me up. "Let's go on that date then," he chuckled, winking.
    "I never said yes," I muttered, slipping my arms out of his hands. I looked to see him smiling, his demeanor never changing.
     "Then your answer is?" I quickly looked back down, my heart leaping to my throat. What should I do? God, if only I could go back to Compress and ask him. He's basically our mentor and helps us with everything. I took a deep breath, looking up to Tetsu.
     "How about a rain check?" A look of disappointment crossed his face, then he laughed and nodded.
     "Sure. I guess I did just come out that too early, huh?" I gave a soft nod, then headed for the exit. He rushed after, walking beside me. It wasn't an awkward silence, but it wasn't exactly peaceful either. Once we made it back down, I went towards the gate.
     "I have to go get something, I'll be back in the dorms later," I mumbled, making a run for it before he could respond. I left my bag with him, hoping that might get him to believe I'd be there.

     Mr. Compress chuckled, leaning his head into his hand. Today, he had his mask off. Why? I don't know. "So he asked you on date?" I nodded, seeing his smirk turn into a wide smile. "And you didn't know what to do?" I huffed, nodding again.
     "Yeah, that's why I'm here!" I snapped, flames erupting from my arms. He chuckled, raising his hands slightly.
     "Don't worry," he chuckled, sighing. "Not a lot of people would. Next time, say yes. Dress nice, and be yourself, Y/n." I nodded, the flames slowly dying away.
     "And learn to control your flames," Dabi cut in, entering through the door. Toga hopped in after, smiling.
     "Y/n! Can I borrow some more blood?" I shook my head sighing.
     "Not now. I have to rest and let it replenish," I said, cracking a small smile. She pouted, then smiled.
     "When it replenishes, tell me!" She then went on to talk to Magne. I looked to Dabi, then quickly bowed my head.
     "I was meaning to ask you if you could help me with that," I mumbled, raising my head up slowly. "If you don't mind. I mean, you don't have to help me-"
     "We'll do it tomorrow," he sighed, sitting far away at the bar and getting a drink from Kurogiri. I nodded, getting up.
     "I actually have to go. A hero student expects me to get back. Plus, I have Vlad King watching over me," I growled lightly, picking a bag up. It had some snacks in it, a charger, and a new phone. Why? I was going to lie that it was bugging out. And I needed to contact people in case of emergencies. Kurogiri also wanted me to buy some female products.
     He didn't want them to be too suspicious, so that should make them think it was a certain time. I shrugged it off and bought them. When was Kurogiri ever wrong though? I left the group, making my way back to the dorms.

     I stopped, seeing Tetsu stand outside with an umbrella. I looked up and sighed, squeezing my eyes shut. I looked back down, looking to the ground when he looked to me. "Y/n! Why don't you have an umbrella?" I held out my hand, flexing it.
     "Can't really happen when I have this. The winds are too strong and four finger normally won't hold on well enough." He gave a sort of embarrassed laugh, rubbing the back of his neck.
     "Right. Anyways, what did you get?"
     "Charger, phone, snacks, and female products," I mumbled, looking away. The flames lit up, but the rain didn't douse it. Not to mention no rain hit me for a while. I looked up, seeing the umbrella. I looked to Tetsu, seeing half of him get soaked. "You don't have to hold it for me. It's yours, you use it." I pushed his hand with the back of mine, the flames getting put out on one side.
     "No way. That wouldn't make me a very good boyfriend, would it?" He chuckled, winking down at me. The flames shot up again, his chuckle only adding to it. I sighed, stepping in front of him. I made sure to walk slowly so the umbrella could cover both of us.
     Kendo stood under the overhang, waving to us when we approached closer. "Wow, you two look adorable together," she giggled, making the flames come back stronger. "Woah, Y/n. Is that a-"
     "Be quiet," I mumbled, quickly heading up to my dorm room.