Chapter 48: Dogs v. Cats

Sesshomaru and InuYasha argued for a moment before Sesshomaru raised his sword and sent a blast of blue energy towards InuYasha and sent him flying into a hut behind him. They continued to argue for a moment before Sesshomaru walked away. None of us had seen Sesshomaru that upset before. Soon after InuYasha got up from where he had been thrown, Hachi returned with Myoga. Hachi agreed to help us get to the Castle of the Panther Demons. While we were on our way, Myoga told us the story of how the Great Dog General killed the Leader of the Panther Demons and what role my Father played in their Leader's death and their retreat. After Myoga's explanation and retreat, the Panther's attacked once more sending us the ground. Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Kirara took to the air again, leaving InuYasha and me on the ground. InuYasha and I took alternating blows at the fire panther, causing several explosions and fires. Soon though, another panther came from my right kicking me into one of the few huts, not on fire. "Well, if it isn't another dog brat?" The panther sneered. "Who the hell are you?" I questioned, standing up. I pointed my sword in the demon's direction, "I am Yemon and I am here for my revenge."

After that sentence, I attacked wanting to get this battle over with quickly. Kagome was more important at that moment. I wasn't going to let them sacrifice her so they could resurrect their leader. I used my spiritual winds attack but the demon moved out of the way in the nick of time. The attack destroyed the wall behind him causing the wall to disintegrate and the hut to collapse. I hadn't realized that he had kicked me as hard as he did because we were far away from InuYasha's fight. Once we were outside, I got a good look at the demon but had to do a double-take. This demon looked like Koneko but in male form. He had the same grey hair and pale blues eyes, even the shape of his face was similar; the only difference was the crescent moon on his left cheek. I was focused on his appearance; I didn't notice his charge until I was knocked to the ground. I stood up and put my sword away, I wasn't focused enough to use it anyway. We fought for several minutes until Yemon began to lose. He retreated and I followed him until I caught Kirara and Shippo's scents. I found them in one of the huts that had collapsed, and they were talking with Myoga. "Shippo, are you two alright?" I asked. "I think so. Kaya, I thought you were with InuYasha," He replied. "We got separated. Come on, we have to go after them." I commanded and watched as Kirara transformed. She allowed me to get on her back with the others as we headed toward the castle. When we reached the others, Koga and his men were clearing out panthers so Kagome could evacuate the villagers. "Incoming!" I dropped down just as Sango's Hiraikotsu and Miroku's staff did and we all joined the battle.