Chapter 6

Alexis Nunez
I walked down the stairs at school going to the locker room. "Oh hey Simone." "Hey Alexis." I smiled at her walking past to stop at my locker. "Lexi hey." "Hi Jordan." I scrunched my face at his tone. I turned to see him sit with Simone and it clicked that's she was the girl. I stood at my locker till I heard footsteps, "you good?" I asked sitting next to him on the step. "Yeah, of course. You coming over tonight right? We got phones now." "Wow phone privileges." "I know." He laughed getting up. We went to the boys locker room where they were talking about a seven on seven rematch. "I'll meet you at the house." I told Jordan before going to my car.

At the house, Jordan,Olivia and I were watching tv in the living room. Jordan's phone went off and we looked over at him"Not cool Jordan." Liv said. "Yeah well it was Simone." "Oh good the mother of your unborn child." "That you are ignoring." "Look her ultrasound is the same time as the south Crenshaw rematch. I can't go and I don't want her to feel like I'm bailing." "But you are?" "Yeah right so ghosting is the only solution." Olivia's phone began to ring and she flipped it over. "No cool Olivia." Jordan mocked. "This is different." "Since when do you ignore Asher?" I asked. "Since we sort of..." she trailed off. "Oh yeah don't need to hear the details thank you." "No we just kissed, and we were fully sober. I don't know, I really do like him." "So what's stopping you?" "Yeah Whats the problem?" "I guess I'm just hesitate to go there with him I don't know why." "The last time you were with him you were in a bad place." "Maybe you just don't want to be reminded of your addiction." "Yeah that's not exactly something you forget. Everyday I make an active choice to stay sober." "Okay but do you need another reminder." Jordan asked. "Reminder of what?" "Hi mom." The twins said. "Okay, son grocery duty." Mrs. Baker said walking in the other room. "You got it." Olivia and I turned to face the kitchen from the couch. "I definitely felt that chill." "Yeah I think she's still upset I went to dad about the pregnancy first." "Yeah thanks for making it clear I'm not pregnant." "That was funny you can't deny it." Liv laughed. "Sorry, I didn't tell them. But that's the freezing out." "Well now you know how Simone feels." "That was good. I'm gunna get home it's late." "Bye lex." "Bye guys."

The next day was a usual school day, the football players were getting interviews done for the rematch game. After my practice I changed back into my school clothes sitting in my car. "Hello?" "Beverly." "Darnell? What's up I thought you went back home?" "I did but I need a favor, I'm on a bus right now and I was wondering if you would help me find Spencer?" "Yeah I'll pick you up." "Thank you, see you soon." "Yeah." I hung up the phone not knowing really why I said yes, but I did so now I have to go.

I drove to the Crenshaw bus station parking outside. I stood outside my car arms crossed looking around. "Thank you Alexis I appreciate it." "Of course. Last I saw They were at his moms house." "Let's go." I drove us to Miss James's house. "I'll go and see stay and please don't steal my car." I got out knocking on the door. "Alexis! What are you doing here?" "Hey, Coop Spencer home?" "Nah he just went to the school Whats wrong?" "We're suppose to study." "Shoot yeah he's with the camera crew." "Thank you, I'll get him." "Alright I'll see you soon." "Yeah." I smiled getting back in my car. "So?" "He's at the school, you know for someone wanting to find a guy you suck at it." "Why do you think I called you? You found my Instagram without knowing my name." "Very true." I laughed pulling in the parking lot. "This is where I leave you, thanks Beverly." "It's growing on me." "Good, thank you again." I smiled watching him walk away. I drove back home doing my thing.

The next day, the camera crews wanted a pregame ritual clip. So I was asked to meet everyone at the spot. I sat next to Spencer and Rochelle watching Jordan chug whatever he was drinking. "Ten seconds whose gunna beat that." Jordan yelled. "Okay okay, step aside I'm here for the crown." JJ said coming in. "Beast mode." He yelled. "Oh my." I laughed. "Since when did the pregame ritual turn into an eating contest?" "You Can thank your pops, they just showing out for the cameras." We watched JJ eat his way through until they cut the cameras. Olivia walked in pulling Jordan over. "What's that about?" Spencer asked me. "He's ghosting his pregnant hookup." "Oh maybe I should've asked." I laughed looking up. "That's not good." "What?" He turned to face Cam and Darnell. "Oh man what you doing here, man? The game ain't til tomorrow." Asher and JJ stood next to Spencer and I sat in my chair. "Nah doy we right on time ready for our close ups." "Lets see if your still talking after the game." I shook my head watching them. "Settle down white boy." "What?" I got up walking over to Olivia she looked down at me then back up to the boys ready to fight. "Chill, all right. We ain't here for trouble." "Man we good." Spencer spoke. "Playing a weak Crenshaw team tomorrow, will just make you look like bullies." Darnell spoke for the first time. "Whats that have to do with you?" "What if I can make sure, you're playing the best. Give this game some real buzz for y'all's cameras." "You gun suit up?" "Look I'm not gunna give up on what happened to Corey, but since you only care about what happens on the field. I'll play for Crenshaw tomorrow. If you beat us I'll walk away. But if we win, you got to help me find out why Corey left." "Cameras on you doh you ain't gonna back down from a challenge huh?" "Something tells me this isn't going to end well." Olivia whispered and I nodded looking at her. "All right bet. Ain't no way y'all gonna win." The five boys stood there for a second before shaking hands. Both Crenshaw boys looked at us before leaving.