Chapter 10

Alexis Nunez
          "You know, you have practice with Spence you don't have to come." "I want to cheer on my girl. And If that means driving the fifteen to Beverly I will." "But you'll be by yourself until I go on." "That's fine with me." "Fine, my team goes on at three." "See thank you." "Okay I'll see you there." I smiled looking at him through my computer screen. "You're so cute. Like woah." "My eyes can't stay open when you're making me smile." "I have that effect on you? Cause you have it on me, I don't remember the last time I smiled this much." He chuckled. "Darnell, let's go man." "Yeah I'm coming! I'll see you soon, Beverly." "Bye." "Bye." I hung up the call getting up to put on our new competition uniforms. I brushed my hair into a slick ponytail on the top of my head gelling it down.

        At the school there were at least ten teams competing for a win. My Coach wasn't concerned if we would place or not since there was no bid or anything really but an add to our record. "Okay girls warm up mats then you go on." "Ten minutes lets go, make them count." I yelled stepping on the first warmup mat. We ran through our routine twice before switching to the tumbling and stunt mat. "Let's go!" Our couch yelled as we walk down to the 'arena' it's just the gym with fancy led lights to make it seem like a big competition. Tina and I were the first in the group to walk on the stage. I saw Darnell sitting with Daniela and Sam. I smiled getting into my opening spot. Our routine went perfectly we hit a zero which means there were no mistakes or deductions.

         "You did amazing!" Dani told me giving me a hug. "Thank you, thanks for coming." I said switching to Sam. "And you, I hope you had fun." "This is different, that I could never." I chuckled holding onto him. "I have thirty until awards, let's walk." He nodded grabbing my hand. "Are you going to the cotillion?" "I don't know, I'm pretty swamped on homework." "I can leave early and help." "You'd do that?" "Yeah I'll stay until they give out their award and meet you at Saulson." "Yeah okay." "Good, and I'm watching Dillion after school this week." "Grace told me, said I wouldn't have to be home, but I just might be there." "Lexi, they're calling us up." Tina said walking out to the hall. "I'll be back, okay." He nodded and I went with Tina to the stage. "In second place, Malibu high with a Ninety two and in first place, your very own Beverly high with a ninety eight." I already knew we would win since we were the only team to do a perfect routine. I hugged the girls taking pictures with the banner for the school. When we were done I grabbed my backpack changing my shoes walking outside with Darnell.

          On Thursday, I had school the day went on the same as any other day would but after school I found myself in Crenshaw. Surprising for a Beverly Hills girl I liked Crenshaw more than my bubble of a town. "Hey D." "Hey Lexi." "You start your homework yet?" "No but I was thinking you let me read my new comic book then I do it." "I'll cut you a deal lil man, thirty minutes for comic book then an hour of homework. To at least make it look like you did something for your mom." "Deal." He shook my hand leaning back in the chair. I sat on the couch doing my math homework. "Hey Lil man, Alexis." Darnell smiled coming in the house. "How was practice?" I asked. He shrugged sitting on the couch next to me, "like always. Whatcha working on?" "Algebra two." "Hows it going with that?" "It's actually easy thank you for doubting me." The three of us worked on homework for the next hour before miss Grace got home. "Thank you, Alexis." "Your welcome, I'd do it any day." "You are a sweetheart." "Thank you, I should get going though." "I'll walk you out." "Bye D." "My Lexi." Darnell opened my car door as I leaned on the car. "I'll see you tomorrow." "Yes ma'am." He smiled kissing me lightly. "Bye." "Bye."

       I went back home to pick out an outfit for Olivia and Kia's cotillion. "So you went to the locker room after practice and talked to him." "Yes, he missed the last practice to hang back with a guy named Matt springer like he knew it was the last one." "Boys are so slow, does he not know fine means get your ass here now." "Exactly he should've know I wanted him with me. So now Jordan is learning the dance and escorting Kia." "So I'm guessing Spencer is with you." "Yeah, he's reliable." "That's very true." "So what'd you call about?" "I was wondering what I should wear. I'm looking through old formal dresses, I have a blue satin one, a grey long sleeve and a black one but it's short." "Go grey it looks nice on you." "Okay and shoes?" "Those black heels." "Okay." "And just look good like you always do." "Okay. Good night Olive." "Goodnight Avo."

        The next day was the cotillion, I spent my morning at the nail salon getting my nails done. Then I went to the hair salon getting my hair blowed out and curled. By three o'clock I got home doing a face of makeup before getting dressed in a long sleeve grey dress. I put on hoops and a couple rings looking at myself in the mirror. I buckled black block heels making myself a couple inches taller. I took pictures before picking up Leila and driving to the event center. "I'll meet you in there." "Okay." I smiled squeezing her hand.

      "Alexis you look beautiful." "Thank you Mama Baker." I smiled sitting next to her. "I heard Jordan is filling in." "He stayed up all night learning the dance." "That's funny, I didn't know he knew how to dance?" "He doesn't just like his father." I laughed with her then Jordan brought Leila to the table. "Hey Leila how are you." "I'm good Mrs. Baker, thank you." Coach Baker came in just as the event started. We watched Spencer and Olivia walk down the stairs then Jordan and Kia. I have to say both would make very cute couples. The whole Sola muse group did a dance then the party started you could say. When Olivia was done doing the things he had to we walked around getting a drink.

      "Having fun?" She asked coop as we walked up to her. "Nope, you?" "Trying." "Why do you gotta try this whole damn party is about you?" "Asher isn't here. What's your excuse." "Luna is here?" "Who's that?" "Patience's ex girlfriend. Who is completely ruining our date night." "I'm sorry that sucks." "Have you stalked her Insta yet?" "That's what I'd do." Jordan joined in, "don't mind me I'm just here for the drinks." "Uh, no I just found out she existed a few days ago." "A few days ago?" "We'd have a whole fbi profile on her by now." Jordan pointed at the two of us. "Look right there." I pointed on Livs phone. "Ah round her. I love Instagram people post every little detail of their lives like it's breaking news." I looked up at Jordan and he looked at me. "Yes you." I chuckled. "Actually Liv it's cool. I've seen enough of Luna to last a lifetime." "Trust me we just need to find her doing something stupid to make you feel better okay. Show me goat yoga." I laughed looking at her and the phone, but the only thing that came up were paintings of Patience. The look Olivia gave me then Coop wasn't good, she gave the profile to her and she handle what she had to. We found our way back to the original tables sitting with the family, Spencer and Leila. "Every year we present an award for our most promising cotillionaire, not only has she has this young lady volunteered over one hundred hours, she also started a podcast to bring attention to social injustice issues and doing this while attending high school." I grabbed Olivia's hand while she was in shock. "Olivia Baker would you come up here please." We all clapped watching her take the stage. If anyone deserves this it's her, she put her heart and soul in to the program. Olivia gave her speech coming back down to the table. She hugged her mom and dad, then Jordan. "I'm so proud of you." I told her. She hugged me tight before hugging Spencer. Asher cane in at that moment and we all know how jealousy is with him. He had a rose in his hand ready to apologize but that changed quickly. "Football is all I have, Liv." Asher raised his voice. When Coach told him to leave he did and Olivia stood with her mom and me. "It's okay, don't cry. Don't even let him ruin this." I told her. "I've got a study date but text me when you get home." "Yeah, wait a study date?" I nodded. "Dressed like that?" "I have jeans and sneakers in the car." "Okay, and I will." I said bye to the rest of the bakers and Spencer. I got in my car pulling my shoes off the putting jeans on folding and tucking in the dress. I slid on vans driving to the cafe.

        "Hey babe." I smiled sitting next to him. "We on that Beverly?" "My bad, Darnell." "Nope stick with babe." He chuckled kissing me. "So what's this?" "A mixture of chem and math." "Oh this is gonna be a long night." "Not long hopefully, I'm half done." I sat next to him helping with problems. "So how was it?" "Liv got an award and Spencer danced, it was funny. Look I recorded it." He laughed watching them faintly hit the woah. "They went Ding." We laughed going back into. I leaned my head on his shoulder while he worked. "Anybody sitting here?" A older guy asked on the other side of Darnell. "Nah you good." "Ah, you Darnell Hayes, right? Crenshaws new star quarterback." Darnell nodded we both looked at him. "You gonna being is that state championship or what?" "That's the plan." "From what I heard your just the man to do it. Just make sure you don't get hurt." The man continued to look at us while we did Darnell's homework. "You square that." We spent most of our night at the cafe until it was curfew and we went back to the house. "Nobody's home." "Oh really." I smirked kissing him. "Mmhmm and a matter of time before they come back." "Then let's make it fast."

Season 2, episode 10