Chapter 13

Alexis Nunez
        "What do you say we go to the beach?" "Really?" Dillion beamed. "Yes, something new." "Yes okay." It was Friday after school and I was watching Dillion with Darnell. "Actually lets go see how Spencer is doing, you know he just got cleared." "Yeah, I think he's at practice." I nodded at the text he showed me. We got in my car I drove us back to Beverly Hills. The two boys walked in front of me on the field.

      "What y'all doing her?" "Cancelled practice today, guess something was wrong with the field." "So y'all took three buses to Beverly Hills." "You thought they'd take the bus." I questioned. "Why didn't you go down to the beach." "That's the same thing I said." "The beach will always be there bro. You getting a chance to pass your test today. That's a different beast." "I'm fine man, my shoulders a1 lots of people compare me to simba?" "The lion king?" "You do know simba ain't real right." "Did you not see the remake?" Dillion scoffed, I let out a laugh looking at them. "All right." "Alright since your shoulders healed then all we need to focus on is the playbook." "We?" "Yeah we got you." "What you know about football." "I know I'm almost as good as you." Dillion said catching the football. "I'm here for moral support." I said sitting on the foam thing. Spencer chases his brother down to the field goal, I watched Darnell text coop back. "Gimme a kiss." "Oh so you can do what?" "Please." I smiled kissing him. "Wait wait when did this happen?" "What?" I asked Spencer. "This that." "Oh this." I said kissing Darnell again. "Yeah that." "Recently, um about what two months ago." "We're not official or anything." "Especially because of the whole thing last week." "Yeah, that ruined the vibe." "Does moms know?" "Not yet, when it happens I'll tell her." "Does Jordan know?" "You see, he doesn't have to know. And he already asked." "Okay, okay." The three ran a couple new plays for Spencer's test. I watched from my foam block until Spencer got a call from Leila. "I gotta go." He said leaving. "So how about that beach?" "Let's go."

          The three of us went to the beach. Dillion walked around while Darnell and I leaving on the car watching the waves. "Have you ever thought of us being a couple." "I mean yeah but I'm not jumping into anything. I thought we were on that." "I mean yeah, but would you be my girlfriend?" "Yeah if you wanted me to be." He got up standing in front of me. "So Beverly be my girl." "Mmm, I see. Yeah." I smiled kissing him. "She's mine man." Dillion said coming back to the car. "How about we get ice cream." "Yeah okay." I held Darnell hand as we walked to the ice cream parlor. "Whatever you want D." We ate our ice cream cones outside on the pier looking over the beach. "I love it here." "You text me anytime you want to come lil man." He smiled. When we were done I took the boys back home to Crenshaw. "So you're coming to the game right?" "Yeah, you cheering?" "No but I have to go for some football cheer thing." "So I'll see you." "Yup, now un besito." I smiled kissing him. "Goodnight." "Goodnight." I watched the two boys go in the house before driving home.

       The next morning I woke up taking a shower. I blow dried my hair straighten it, I put on my cheer uniform top and some black knee ripped jeans. I slid on white sneakers and a red scrunchy. I looked at my self in the mirror before grabbing my cheer zip up and purse. I drove to the school early to fill up the waters and stuff for Coach Baker. "Good morning Alexis!" He beamed walking past the field. When I was done I walked around bored since Tina was late. "Hey sorry, I woke up late." "It's good everything is taken care of." "Oh good." We took a picture sending it to our coach so she'd know we were there. When I saw Darnell, Dillion and miss Grace yelling and shouting in the stands. I told Tina I would be sitting in the stands. She agreed going to sit with the girls that obsess over the players. "Hey." I smiled hugging all three of them. "What's up Lexi." "Your not cheering?" "Scrimmages we sit on the sidelines, but it's just me and another girl over there." "You look good." Darnell told me. "Thanks, you too."

        "Darnell Hayes." I turned back to see the recruiter for coastal california. "Yeah." "Barry lemming, lead recruiter at costal California. Been following you since your sophomore year at fort Nevada. Looking forward to what you do at south Crenshaw." "Thank you sir." "So you here for my brother." Dillion said. "Actually I'm here to see my son. But I'm always taking notes." He sat behind us during the game. "Why isn't Spence in?" "Coach will play him soon." I told him.  A little way through the game we were up fourteen to six. Then Spencer was put in he was doing great fast play quick on his feet. On a play to get the ball to the zone he fell on his shoulder. Miss Grace got up looking at her son on the floor. "Is he okay?" "He'll be okay." We watched the game finish out before We all walked to the parking lot. "You coming with?" Grace asked darnell. "I actually wanted to tell you something." "That is?" "Me and Alexis are sorta dating." He looked down. "Boy I already knew that." "Huh?" "Dillion cannot keep no damn secret and you two are so close that I was almost upset you weren't together." I smiled looking at her then Darnell. "So you're staying out here?" "Yes ma'am." "I'll take him home before curfew." "You better, Alexis." I smiled watching her car pull away. "See, that was a lot easier than expected." "I thought she'd yell at us." "Me too." He laughed leaning down to kiss me. "Want to get something to eat?" "Sure."

        I drove us to the spot picking out a table in the corner. I saw Jordan sitting alone, "give me one second." "Yeah." He smiled kissing my cheek. "Hey Lex." "What's wrong Jay. You won today's game." "It's Simone, I think I like her." "Why don't you just tell her?" "Because I can't just do that, it's different with her. With you it was easy like almost handed to me." "Gee thanks." "You get though right, like you and Darnell was that easy to start." "No it was actually hard. I didn't think we would be together, but we are." "You're dating?" "Yeah." "Really?" "We broke up almost six months ago I've moved on." "Okay but like really?" "Jordan." I rolled my eyes as Simone walked in standing next to him. "And that's my cue, bye asshole." He shook his head focusing on Simone. "What's that about?" Darnell asked. "He likes her but doesn't know how to talk to her." "Oh." "Yeah." "It's like that sometimes but you know you're an easy girl to talk to." "Everyone says that." "I mean after that bitch face exterior you are a baby." "Yeah I'm taking you home after this." "Oh Cmon you know that." "Yes." He shook his head. We ate our food talking about school and our families something we haven't talked about. I told him about my family or lack their of and the bakers. He told me about Corey and his mom. "The bakers care for everyone." "They're good people." I smiled finishing my food.

       After we ate I took Darnell back home. "Bye mamas." "Bye." I smiled at the new nickname before kissing him. "I'll see you." "Yes." "Okay." He got out the car walking in the house. I drove home changing my shirt before heading to the Baker house for the election.

       "Hey sorry I'm late." I said walking in right on time. "After much anticipation I'm here to report the next district attorney of Los Angeles county is Laura Baker." "Yes!" "Oh my god." "Yes!" Was heard around the room we all hugged Mrs. Baker in congratulations. The people that helped run the campaign handed out champagne to those able to. Mrs. Baker got a call going in the other room. The front door opened revealing Jordan and Simone with luggage. "Hey." "No way." I said looking them then Olivia.  "Hey guys what's going on. What'd I miss?"

     "Olivia Whats wrong?" "Nothing, my dads gonna handle it." "Okay." We both heard a knock on the door answering it. I was confused to see Chris on the other side of the door. "Chris. Hi um when did-when did you get back?" "Today." "Oh sorry come in." "Hey." I smiled. "Hey Chris, good to see you back on your feet, young man." Coach said shaking his hand. "Thanks Coach Baker." "Yeah." " for real man, look guys I'm sorry but I actually came by to see to Spence. I've been calling but he ain't been answering." "Spence." Coach calles bring Spencer into the room. "Yo my boy is back." "Spence hold up hold up." "What?" "Look Ann I wish I came out some better news but coop just got arrested man." "What?" "Huh?" I looked at Olivia. That night I spent at the Bakers, me and Olivia watched movies before falling asleep.

Season 2, episode 13