Chapter 9

Alexis Nunez
         Football scrimmages went for weeks solid. Every game me and Tina had go support the team on top of cheer practice and school. I barley had time to hang out with any one. But today after the game I went to the Baker house.

      "You want to ask him what?" "Just come down." The three of us walked down the steps looking at Coach Baker. "Whoa they're they are!" "He seems chipper." "Like more than we just won a game chipper." "Should we be concerned?" "One hundred percent." "You three do know I can hear you right? Get over come sit." I stood next to Liv while they sat. The twins kept guessing what their father was going to say. "Look why don't you stop trying to guess and just let me have my turn. Can I speak please?" "Sorry." "All right, if there's one thing I learned from therapy is we need to create new memories and since I have you to myself this weekend. I thought we'd start today. How about a movie and dinner after word." "Um yeah sorry dad, I gotta take a rain check. I already made plans with Asher but next time for sure." She walked back upstairs, Coach looked at Jordan. "I got to help JJ mentor young kids at his church today so." "JJ goes to church?" Coach asked causing me to giggle. "Our JJ." We nodded as he looked back and forth. "Yeah he's a youth leader." "Huh. Those poor kids, I mean, god bless them." "Right, next one though. Bye lex." "Bye Jay. You know coach if I was your kid I would love to take you to the movies and dinner." "Thank you Alexis I appreciate it." I smiled walking upstairs.

       "I'm going to see Leila?" "Okay, I'll head out to." I texted Darnell seeing what he was up to I told him to met me at my house now that he has Corey's car. I went home cleaning up a little bit until there was a knock on the door. "Hi." "Hey." He smiled pulling me into a hug. "How've you been?" "Good you? Hows life with everyone?" "Good started school, friends with boys on the team. And I got this fine ass girl in front of me." "That was good." I beamed looking up at his y'all frame. "So what's up qb, what do you want to do?" "I've been dying to swim in that pool." "Say less. I have basket ball shorts." We went up to my room, grabbing the shorts for him and a swim suit for me. We changed in my room before heading down. I grabbed towels laying them on the pool chairs. "It's heated so it should be good." "Beverly hill man." I laughed getting in the water.

         "Alexis!" I heard Daniela's voice. "Yeah!" I yelled back. "Why are you outside? Oh hello?" "Dani this is Darnell." "Hello ma'am." "Ma'am? I'm twenty, Lexi I just wanted to check up on you. You didn't respond to my text so I showed up but now I see why." "We've been in the Pool chill. And thanks for making sure I'm good, what's up?" "I'm making dinner tonight for us you're gonna be home?" "Yes." "Okay good, I'm going to pick up Yasmín from my moms." "Okay, bye." "Bye, nice meeting you. Don't be a slut in the pool." "I won't don't worry." I yelled back as she walked in the house. "So that's the nanny?" "Yes." I turned back facing Darnell. After a couple hours of being outside we went back to my room changing. He had to go home with miss Grace's curfew. "Bye." I smiled kissing him. "Bye." He smirked kissing me again before he got in his car.

           After dinner with Daniela, Sam and the baby I went over to the Baker house. "What's up guys." I said walking in. "Hey Lexi." They all said I walked under the tv sitting next to Spencer on the L-shaped couch. "What you been up to today?" "Nothing just stayed home." The two boys nodded. Then Olivia got home. "Hey I just got your text Coop is having a concert tomorrow night?" "Yeah if we can help sell our share tickets on time." "Figured we could go door to door in my neighbor and split the profit you three, me and Dillion." "Yeah." "Yeah, I'm game. I mean I'll be that way doing community work with Kia for sola muse. And Asher's meeting me after words so maybe they can tag along." "Aight bet, I figure the more people we have the fast we can sell those tickets." "tickets to what?" Coach asked walking in the room. "Coop is preforming at belle noche tomorrow night." I said. "They reopening belle noche." Spencer nodded. "Yo that use to be my spot back in the day." Coach Baker started describing himself when the skating rink was open and how was on the floor. "Oh." I said trying to contain my laugh when he started dancing. "Whose pants?" "And What exactly is a Gumby?" The boys asked. "We should go roller skating tomorrow. My skates are at my pops house, I'll swing by pick em up four tickets please Spencer." We all busted up laughing when he left the room.