Chapter 7

Alexis Nunez
           "So you have family therapy?" I asked Olivia over FaceTime. "Yeah, and I'm regretting saying yes, my dad wants us to look presentable like we aren't broken." "Every rich Beverly Hills family does that, mine do every time they come back for family photos." "You are right but still, it's so annoying." "At least you look pretty." "Where are you going?" "My parents are coming home to give Daniela her baby." "She had the kid?" "Yup, two weeks ago but nobody told me." "I'm sorry, that actually sounds worse that what I'm doing." "No but I'm proud you are working on your family, especially since you're sober and it's day by day." "Yeah. She's on her way I gotta go." "Okay, text me." "Of course." I smiled as she hung up. I brushed through my hair looking at my makeup once more before picking out an outfit.

      "Alexis Theresa!" "Ya voy." I heard my parents yell. I ran down the stairs hugging my baby brothers, Andreas and Adrian. "My babies." "Hey sis." "How are you almost taller than me?" "We're gunna be tall like Jordan and Spencer." The beamed. "And apá, donde estas, ama y bebe." "She's outside getting her." I hugged my dad. "How long are you staying?" "The weekend the boys have school Monday." "Of course." "Where's Jordan?" "He's at home they are having family time, but if you want your butt kicked at soccer let's go." "Okay." They yelled going to the backyard. "Go." My dad said and I followed the boys. "Okay listen goal game." I yelled walking down to the grass. "Yeah okay."

        My brother and I played to game going back and forth with the ball. "Why didn't you ever play soccer mana?" "Cheer is where I thrive." "I guess but look we can do backflips now." The two showed me their back tucks. "I'll teach you how to a full tomorrow on the trampoline." "Yes!" We finished our game when Daniela and Sam came back to the house. "Hey." I smiled. "Alexis, meet Yasmín." "She's beautiful." I smiled holding the baby. "I'm the madrina right?" "No but you are her tia always." I huffed smiling as they took pictures of me and the baby with the boys. "And a family photo, Daniela get in it." I smiled holding Adrian's shoulder. "Boys go up its getting late."

Liv
We have to draw what our family looks like and feels like
Lex
That should be good, you're amazing at drawing how you feel
Liv
Yeah but Jordan is a pain
Lex
Tell him to leave you alone that you need to focus.
Read 6:30 pm

        "Alexis, phone away." "Sorry, Olivia is having some family stuff." "How are those dear Baker kids?" "They're good, Olivia joined a social group, Jordan is qb one. College scouts are all over him, he's got a girlfriend." "I thought you two would've ended up together." "Nope, they're my friends, since we were seven." "A shame he's a sweet boy and your brothers love him." My mom said. "I'll find someone who they'll like." "What about that transfer boy, Spencer?" "He just got out of a relationship and Olivia use to crush on him." "Girl code." Daniela smiled. "Yup." "Hows cheer?" "Good, we just had a rematch game last week and Beverly won. Competition season is in but we only have a couple comps." "We will make it to state." "I know hopefully we will get to Nationals." "You will because you are great." "How about I make dinner?" "Yeah of course." I helped Daniela make dinner while they watched the baby.

      "It's weird them being home." "I know, and what's with the suden need for me in a relationship?" "They want you to grow up, although you're a junior." "I know." We laughed. "Chef Dani in clutch." She laughed flipping the meat. "You better stop." "Olivia's calling ill be back." "Yup." I smiled walking outside.

       "Hello?" "Hey Beverly." "Whats going on I thought you guys were in the woods?" "We are but I wanted to talk to you." "About? I mean I'd love to." "Well, I just need someone to talk to." "Go ahead tell me what's up." "Corey, he's sick and he's been like my dad ya know. Today, We all hit it off and I don't want this to be our last memories together." "What did you guys do today?" "Spence, Dillion and I packed up some stuff. Miss Grace has us pick rooms we leave in the morning. But I'm we played football, D wants to camp outside. Says he's never been camping. Probably eat some good food." "You said it right there, these are good memories. Those boys they're family, Corey is family." "You're right, it's nice I've never had siblings ya know. But enough about me what's up with you how was your day?" "My family got in, they're staying for the weekend." "Alexis!" Adrian yelled. "Que pasa Mijo." "Dinners ready." "Okay, tell them I'm going." "Okay!" "Enjoy your time with them. Text me after?" "Of course." "Bye Lex." "Bye D." "I get a nickname now?" "Yeah." "Bye." "Bye." I smiled hanging up walking in the house.

       "Who were you talking to?" "Olivia she wanted to talk." "Okay, come eat." I ate dinner with my family, we talked about the baby, how the boys are doing in school. "What sports are you doing out there?" "Soccer and summer football hopefully." "But we also want to run track and my tri athletes." "That's good right as long as you keep your grades up." "Yes mana." I smiled picking up plates. "I made tres leches." Daniela said pulling the cake out. I put the plates in the dishwasher sitting back down with forks and small plates. "This is so good, Dani!" The two said. "Good I'm glad you like it." We ate desert, my parents and Sam talked about Yasmín and hows she's been for the past two weeks. "I'm gunna head to bed." "Good night Mija." "Night." I went up to my room doing homework watching YouTube on my computer.

          The next morning, Andreas woke me up. "Alexis." "What?" "Can you make us food?" "Yeah okay." I got up walking downstairs with them, Adrian was standing at the fridge. "So I can make, pancakes or waffles?" "Waffles." I nodded making them breakfast. "Can you ask Jordan to come over today?" "Yeah."

Lexi
Hey the boys are in town and want to play with you
Jordan
Sure I'll be over in ten
Read 10:00 am

      "He's on his way, so finish eating and get dressed." "Yes!" They scarfed down their food running upstairs. I made myself a plate looking on my phone.

Beverly
Good morning
Read 10:30 am

        "Okay." I shrugged finishing my plate doing the dishes. The knock on the door said Jordan was here. "Hey." "Hey Lex." "They're upstairs getting dressed." "Okay." "Don't be weird, you hungry?" "Nah just ate." "So how was the appointment?" "Good, the baby is healthy. She's only a couple weeks." "That's good, hows was therapy yesterday?" "Olivia told me it felt like I wasn't around. And that I abandoned her for football and I get it. I probably did when my dad got back." "Yeah, I've never seen anyone so committed to football in my life." "Yeah but I gave up, stopped pushing myself and gave up for girls." "But now, you're starting a potential family." "Yeah." He smiled. "Jordan!" The two yelled running downstairs. "What's up my boys." "Lets play football!" Adrian yelled running outside. "They're crazy."

       I watched Jordan play football with the boys for a while until he had to go home. "Alright my guys I got to head out." "Bye Jordan!" "Bye." "Hey boys go pack you're leaving in an hour." "Okay." "They're leaving already?" "Yep school tomorrow across the country." "You know I'm always here to talk." "I know Jay. Thank you. And if you ever need to talk I'm here." He smiled walking to his car.

    "Mija we're leaving." "Bye mami." "Bye baby." "Adiós apá." "Adiós mija." "Bye boys be safe. Yes?" "Yes mana." Adrian said kissing my cheek. "I love you." "I love you too." "Bye baby." "Bye sissy. I love you." "I love you more." I smiled kissing Andreas cheek. "I love you guys." I hugged my parents. "Be careful, smart. Money is on the card. "Yes." "Bye!" The boys yelled getting in the car. I watched them drive off before closing the door.

Season 2, episode 7

A filler chapter since this episode is mostly just about the Bakers' therapy and the James family in the woods.