Chapter 15

Alexis Nunez
            Olivia called me over after practice for yoga with Leila, Spencer and JJ. When I got to the house I saw goats and was very confused. "What's all this." "Goat yoga." Leila said. "Mmhmm." I nodded laying out my mat on the back patio with everyone else's.

      "If I cant play this weekend, it's not gonna matte if I'm in game shape or not. All the downward dogs gonna be for nothing." "Oh not for nothing." "Yoga is good for you anyway." "It helps with strength, flexibility, balance." "Even stress." We explained. "And the goats?" "Well they help your heart by being cute." Leila spoke. "The goats weren't my idea." "Mine either." "I thought goat stood for great of all time." "Sometimes it's just goat man." "I'm sorry this week sucks. Goats are peeing everywhere. Coach is suspended, Spence might not play, and the venue for the jamboree party fell through." "Wait What happen to the venue." "Someone forgot your deposit the money on time." "And is that someone you?" "It's not important who. I even had the perfect theme. Pajama jammy jamboree." "Well cant let that go to waste, why don't we have the party at my house." "Maybe that's not the best idea." "Yeah it ain't just for Beverly." "It's for all the teams in the jamboree." "Well its a good thing I have a big house then, parties weren't my problem. It was the party crasher in my head." "Wheres Jordan why isn't he suffering through this." "He stayed back to talk to his dad."

        The next day at school I saw Jordan getting ignored by Simone. "You know it's okay." "Well, That was awkward." "Yeah I don't get women." "That's because you only date girls." "Hey." "Sorry Lexi but it's true." "Ever since she moved out I don't know she's gone out of her way to avoid me." "I'd leave it alone if I were you." "Little miss all up in everyone's business are you sure about that?" "Which is why I know it'll back fire. If she wanted you to know something she'd tell you." "Yeah but why is everyone keeping things from me? Dad won't tell me anything about the suspension. Has he said anything to you?" "Look don't worry about Simone, okay. Im sure it's nothing personal just give her some space and stop following her. You don't want to seem crazy." "Listen to Olivia, or you'll heartbroken if you find out something you don't want to."

       After school I took Spencer with me back to Crenshaw to get Darnell. We went to the slauson cafe getting smoothies. "I'm not gonna have no fun at this jamboree party, man. I'm not even playing in the jamboree." "I'm not either but I ain't missing my girl in some pretty pjs." "What are you talking about?" "My girl in the pjs or me not playing?" "What news hasn't made it to Beverly yet. South Crenshaw dropped out." "Of the jamboree? That don't make no sense. Why would y'all do that?" "Teams been falling apart for a while now, Spence. We've lost two head coaches in less than six months. And everybody quit to play other sports. Cams even looking to transfer to play for west lake." "Damn I mean at least it's only a jamboree. Y'all be good by the season." "I mean they better be I came here to play ball. If they don't pull it together, yeah our program goes to hell. Taking my UCLA commitment with it." "Man I hope not. Be nice of one of us could become a Bruin." "Don't do that." "Don't give up on yourself so easy, just go to the top and get the athletic director to clear you." "It wouldn't feel right going over Coach bakers head like that man." "If it was me, nothing would stand in my way, besides he ain't even your coach no more." "Hey will you guys be okay? I need to head home and get ready for this party." "Yeah Alex, I'll see you tonight." "Mmhm." I smiled kissing him waving bye to Spencer.

        I went home taking a shower getting out blow drying my hair. I curled it putting it half up half down. I did my makeup before getting dressed in a black silk tank top and short set. I looked at myself in the mirror pulling  on black fuzzy ugg slippers with the straps. I drove to Leila's house earlier than I needed to, to help if she needed anything. "Hey." "Oh my gosh you look so good." I smiled doing a spin. "Silk is the move Babygirl." "So you need any help?" "No everything is set up. I nodded dancing around the room with her. When people started arriving she went with Spencer and I looked around for JJ until I found him with Jordan. "Dumb and dumber." "Lexter." JJ beamed. "What are you wearing?" "Pajamas for the jammy jamboree party. Thank you Mr. my pajamas scream big ass baby." "Alright all right." He put his hands up in defense. "State champs, state champs." West lake yelled throughout the house. "They are so annoying." "The west lake wildcats how annoying are they." "OH yeah they might be annoying but they have something we don't." "A cool smoking jacket." "JJ always missing the point." "No What unity." "I'm out bye." I said walking away seeing Olivia's body walk through the door. "Hey, Damn you look good." "Thank you." I smiled. We watched Jordan walk outside.