20.

Gabriella arrived first to the restaurant, but that was okay because she was nervous and she could drink a glass before he comes and relax. She didn't know though why she was like this, it's not like she's meeting him for the first time.

"Sorry Gab" she heard his voice and stood up to greed him. "It happened something in the lest minute and I needed to take care of it"

"It's okay. I order a drink while i waited you"

"That's good" he helped her to sit and then said to Nestor that he didn't have to wait here. "So, how are you"

"I'm good. A little tired, but good. I'm trying to find a job, since the school are about to open and i would have enough time when Hector will be there"

"Oh, I didn't know you were looking for a job?" He asked and then told to the waitress what their gonna have.

"Yeah, me either. I just need something to preoccupied my mind"

"Why? What's wrong?" He raised his eyebrow and places her hand in his. His lips touch her skin and smiled.

"No-nothing" she blushed and hoped he wouldn't notice. "Stop"

"What?" He laughed.

"This. You make me feel uncomfortable"

"Oh, sorry" he apologized.

"I don't mean it in the bad way. I'm just not used to it"

"Used what?"

"All this. Dates?"

"You telling me you never have a date? Like what where you doing all these years?"

"Mostly working and not committed to anyone"

"Why? You're young. You shouldn't stop living"

"I didn't. I just wanted to be there for my son"

"Now that you brought this up. Does he know?"

The fork in her hand froze stoping her from eating the next bite. "I...Who?" She tried to played like she didn't understand.

He chuckled and wiped his mouth with the napkin from his legs. "You don't have to hide from me. It's pretty obvious to anyone who's Hector father is. Only Angel can't see it, or don't want to see it"

"No, no I didn't told him yet. I can't find the right words" now her eyes trapped in his and you could see how scary she was.

"There's no right words for something like this. You just tell him, before he finds out. Then you will have bigger problems. Angel is a man who can't control his temperature. And I'm sure you know very well what I'm talking about"

"I know. Maybe that's why I'm scared"

He shake his head. "I'm not agreeing with this" he went all business mode in just a second. It's not like he was mad, but he understand Angel's position. "If I were him I would like to know"

"But I tried to tell him. I mean...when I found out I was pregnant. He never answered my calls, never bother to ask me what was wrong. So why he deserve to know now"

"Damn Gab. A father deserves to know. Try to understand that. The sooner the better"

"I thought you never liked Angel"

"I don't" he wrapped his fingers around the bottle of red wine and serves to both of them. "But that doesn't mean I don't understand"

"If you asked me out to lecture me about what to do with my son. MY SON!" Gabriela raised her voice not care if the whole restaurant turns around to look at them. "Then I don't fucking want to be here!"

She tried to leave but Miguel was faster. He blocked her way and hugged her.

"I'm sorry querida. I didn't meant to upset you. Please don't leave. Let's sit" he once again helped her sit. "Let's talk about something else okay?"

"Yeah" she murmured and drunk all the wine from her glass at once.

Another hour passed, more quiet this time. They just talk about everything and anything. They talked about their past and some moments they had. He told her more about Emily and she could she how much he misses her and how much pain he's carrying inside.

It's hard to live a life without the people you love in it. But it's harder to know that you are alive when they don't. She lost many people that she loved. Either those were blood or not. She knows the feeling and she wishes she could take his pain away. But life moves on, and you have to be strong if you want to live a little more.  Not for you, but for those who look after you from up above.

"You know...what you had with Emily was beautiful. A love like this never dies. And she will always live..here" she finally speak and touched his chest, where his heart was. "I know, it's cliché, but it's the truth"

He laughed and pushed her chair closed to his. "You know..." He continued as he touched her cheek, with this move her heart start beating fast. She had forgot how it feels to be wanted. "I always liked you...from a young age I thought you will be my queen in this... empire. You will be by my side. But then I went away to college and when I came back I realized i wasn't the lucky guy. Someone else had stolen your heart. Maybe that's why I never liked him. Because he had all I wanted and still couldn't see through his stubborn mind. And you always run after him, no matter what. Giving your life to a man that doesn't deserve you. And still do"

"No, i don't"

Miguel smiled sadly. "I know you Gab. I see how you look at him. I don't mind. Besides who's the lucky one now?"

They laughed together and he start to leaning towards her. He touched her lips with his softly and a little smile played on his face. And for the moment they were lost in it together. God knows how long he was waiting for this.

Her phone start to ring and she immediately stretched her body to take it from her purse.

"Fuck!" She cursed trying to find her breath after the kiss. "I left Hector with Letty, Coco's sister and told her to call me if she needs anything. Do you mind?" She asked showing him her phone.

"No, of course not" he said and make a move with his hand allowing her to pass from him to go to the bathroom so she can speak quietly. "Always had to be in the wrong time" he wispered to himself and drink from his wine while waiting for her.

Gabriela picked up the phone. The worst things that could happened crossed from her mind.

"Letty?"

"Oh hey Gabriela" she was sounding nerve.

"What's going on? Everything's okay?"

"Yes" she answered quick. "I mean no. Can you just come home?"

"Why? Why...what...what happened?" She was feeling like she could die right now.

"Relax. Just come home. Please" Letty said and closed the phone. "You happy now?" She continued and looked the man next to her.

"Just take the kid and go to your place" he said and went to the kitchen, open the fridge to grab a beer waiting for Gabriela to come home.