15

Narrator's POV

"That was uncalled for." David mumbled, sitting in the drivers seat of his car as Lia sat in the passenger side.

"So now you're on Cameron's side?" She looked at him disgusted. "I'm not taking sides Lia. Cam is just taking into account of what's right for Avery. You know that." He said, driving towards Lia's house.

Lia thought over the situation, taking into account of what David had said, but still found no reasoning of why Cameron was choosing Sophie.

'She's the mother of his child, dumb fuck.'

Her inner conscience spoke to her as she inwardly growled.

'She left them, asswipe.'

She had a battle with her inner self and still found no reasons to back up Cameron's supportiveness towards Sophie.

"Penny for your thoughts?" David interrupted her thinking, making Lia look over.

"Why can't he see he's making the wrong choice for himself?" Lia huffed , making David chuckle. "Should I be concerned at how much your fixated on Cameron?" He raised an eyebrow jokingly. Lia punched his shoulder playfully, leaning over to lock arms with him.

"Jealous?" She smirked as he gave her a side glance. "If I say yes, will you let me stay over?" He wiggles his eyebrows, making Lia laugh.
"Dream on lover boy." She scoffs as he pulls up outside her house.

"So is that a yes?" He pushes, following her upto her door. "Ohh mama and papa bear ain't home." He jokes, rubbing his hands together whilst following Lia inside. "They're on night shift." Lia reveals, rolling her eyes.

"Hmm that works for me." He mumbled as he lifted Lia up onto the wall behind her, making her squeal as her legs wrapped around his waist. "David!" She gasped in shock. "Say my name, say my name!" He began singing the famous Destiny's Child song, making her laugh out loud.

As her laughter died down, he looked into her eyes, still seeing sadness within them. "He'll be okay babe. He may not have the brain inheritance from einstein, but he has a brain somewhere." He sighs, giving her a small smile.

"I just don't want him going through that heartbreak again." She sniffled, feeling protective of her best friend. "Come here." David mumbles as she tightens her hold around his neck, burying her head into his shoulder.

"How about we order late night takeout, stick a movie on and try to forget about this whole mess for one night, yeah?" He said, rubbing his thumb over her cheek, making her smile and nod.

"Now," he said, tapping her backside before letting her down, "get your little booty into the kitchen and order some pizza! I'll set up the movie... considering you don't know how to." He teased her, making her stick out her tongue childishly.

"Does this mean I can stay over?" He shouted through from the living room, smirking to himself. "Knock yourself out." She shouted back, unable to stop her smile as she dialed the pizzeria number.

Cameron's POV

I woke up to laughs and giggles.

I smile, opening my eyes seeing Avery lay beside Sophie, playing with her long brown locks.

"Ahh peekaboo." I hear Sophie whisper as her hands tickle at Avery's belly, making her fall to the side onto the pillow in fits of laughter.

I could get used to this.

"Good morning." I mumble, catching both their attention. With a toothless grin, Avery turned over, immediately climbing onto my chest, laying her head down.

"Hi baby girl." I mumble, kissing her forehead as I rub her back. "I'll get started on breakfast." I look up to see Sophie smiling before walking out of the bedroom.

I look back to Avery, seeing her stare back at me tiredly. "What do you think I should do?" I whisper, bringing her closer to me, planting a kiss on her soft chubby cheek. "Ahh." She said, patting my chest with her hands. "I think you're just more interested in food." I chuckle at her eyes lighting up at my words.

"Definitely my daughter." I smile, holding her tight as I push myself to get out of bed, carefully walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. I watch in awe as Sophie dances around the stove as she cooks.

"Nice moves." I say, making Sophie jump and blush in embarrassment. "Bacon and scrambled eggs okay?" She asks as I place Avery into her high chair. I turn around, smelling the goodness of the smoked bacon and hold back a moan.

"Perfect." I mumble, peeking over her shoulder, tempted to grab a piece of bacon that was already cooked on a plate.

I decide against it, knowing that spatula would be very hot and make my way towards Avery's cupboard and pull out her formula to make her morning bottle.

"So what are you doing for the holidays this year?" Sophie asks all of a sudden as I began plating the food. She walks over to the sink, placing the bottle into cold water to cool it down before handing Avery one of her toys that was laying on the table.

"Normally I fly out to my parents house to spend it with them and my sister but this year, I thought it was just going to be me and this little terror." I chuckle, watching as Avery clapped her hands. I dig into the food, moaning at the taste. "Thank you." I mumble, shoving another piece of bacon into my mouth. "You're welcome."

"Do you still want me around for Christmas?" She mumbles sheepishly, looking down as she twirled her fingers. I take a pause, putting down my knife and fork, looking upto her with a surprised expression. "What makes you think I didn't?" I ask before she looks upto me with watery eyes.

She just shrugs, pulling at her sleeves, avoiding my gaze. I wipe my mouth with the towel, standing to my feet before approaching Sophie, gently grabbing her shoulders. "Sophie?" I whisper, tilting her head up with my finger. She tries to speak but gets cut of by a gasping sob that escapes her mouth.

"C'mere." I whisper, wrapping my arms tightly around her shoulders as she buries her face into my chest. "I'm a mess Cam. My body feels like it's been going out of control for days. I can't stop itching. I haven't been a good Mom to Avery. Your family will hate me being here, I just know it." She chokes out, scratching her palms harshly.

"Look at me." I ask, holding her wrists apart to stop her scratching. "What goes on is our business, not my parents, not my sister, not even Lia. You're still recovering. It hasn't even been a full week yet. You're body will be trying to get used to not having substances in your system. You have done so well and I'm proud of you." I cup her face into my palms, making her look at me.

"This will all pass in time. Baby steps okay? We'll get through this, you, me and Avery. As a family, yeah?" I say, making her nod as she looks at me with teary eyes.

"As for my family, they have no say in the matter. They'll see how well you've been, they'll see how good you are with Avery." I try to reassure her. "They won't overlook the fact I left a newborn on your doorstep though." She spaced out as she said those words.

"Oh my god, what have I done?" She whispered, her tears beginning to roll down her face. I cradle her head to my chest, rubbing her back soothingly in hopes of calming her down.

"I'm gonna be here for you. Every step of the way. I promise." I whisper, reassuring her that everything was going to be okay.

But apart of me wasn't sure if it was.