31

Sophie's POV

I let out a desperate gasp for air, feeling startled at the clinking noise above me.

How did I get here?

My hands were cuffed together, trapped around a metal pole which I'm pretty sure had made it's indent on my spine.

My eyes wave over the room. There was nothing. No window, no bed, not even a carpet. Just a small rectangle window, a dull light in the middle of the ceiling and something which I could only assume from the lack of light, a door.

My voice tries to escape and shout out, but was stopped by the dryness and the tightly strapped cloth lodged between my teeth. Everytime I breathed in, there was this distinct aroma that would seep it's way through my lungs.

"I see sleeping beauty is finally awake." I jump, my aching body instantly climbing to sit upright. My bones screamed in excruciating pain.

Where the hell am I?

A hand waved in front of my face, my vision finally clearing more as the awful view of the face that belonged to the one and only, my psychotic ex, give it up ladies and gentlemen for.....

Douchebag Tom!

"Hey!" His fingers clicked, bringing my attention to him. "I ain't got all day princess, so let's make this short but sweet." He yanked the cloth from my mouth roughly and dug his fingers into my jaw.

"Where's my money?" He growled and I swear I almost pissed my pants.

"I- I don't have-" he pulled back, turning his back to me and out of anger and rage, flipped over the wooden table. "I gave you 3 weeks, Sophie." He muttered, peeking out of the window.

"I know, b-but I haven't had any way to get you that money." I whisper, bowing my head.

He was silent. For almost too long to be comfortable with, until he turned to face me, a creepy grin spreading on his lips.

He took three slow large steps towards me, crouching down to just below eye level. "I find that very hard to believe sweet cheeks. I gave you three weeks, you took three months. I think I've been more than lenient with you. Time to pay up."

With that being said, the cuffs were ripped off in an instant and my body was slammed against the wall at the other side of the room.

I coughed. Blood splattered onto the wall as a tear dripped down my face.

"I don't. Have. Your god damn money." I spluttered, spitting out the red liquid that built up in my mouth. "Wrong answer." My head swung to the side, numbness just flooded through my cheek. A kick was struck to my abdomen, making my body slump over.

"When you decide to change your answer, and tell me where my money is... then we'll talk business."

The door slammed shut, bolts closing.

My eyes gazed out of the window. The trees danced with the wind.

"I really wish my mother never told me money doesnt grow on trees." I grunt out as my head made contact with the dusty floor before my vision turned black once again.

Cameron's POV

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, all day long." I clap my hands to the beat of the rhyme as Avey sat in my lap, dancing, moving her head side to side.

"Yay." I cheer as the end of the song comes, only to play song number 10 of 100. I stiffle a groan but smile as I see Avery giggle and bounce excitedly. "Dada, o." She points to the tv as a cartoon mouse pops up on the screen.

"Wow, what is that?" I say faking shockness as her eyes go wide and her hands clap once again. "Mao." She points, looking back at the screen. "What's that there?" I ask as a cat appears at the corner of the tv. "Ca." She shouts and I clap my hands. "Good job bubba." I say, kissing her head.

My thoughts trail off to what happened a few days ago.

Sophie was missing.

I wasn't going to lie and say I wasnt completely worried, because I was.

Like I said, I didnt want her around right now, but that doesnt mean I want anything to happen to her.

It had been more than 48 hours, the police filed a case on it. She was most likely to have just ran off out of town for a few days to cool down.

Not a single thing in my mind told me otherwise up until my phone rang and the ID of Matthew.

"Matt, I've already told you I-

Tom has her."

My heart dropped to my stomach, this can't be happening.

"I'll be right there."

I disconnected the call, jumping straight back on the phone, dialling Lia. "I don't have time for an explanation but I really need you to watch Avery. Like now."

10 minutes later, Lia and David arrived at the door, matching the time of Matthew arriving without telling me he was coming.

"No time for chit chat." I allow Lia and David in, grabbing my keys and ran out to Matthew. "I'll follow you down!" I shout as I jump into my car that was parked behind Matthew's.

I dialed his number on my phone, connecting it to my speaker before we both pulled out and zoomed off, heading out of town.

"How did you manage to find this out?" I ask, making a sharp left turn behind Matthew, heading for the highway. "Fucking idiot doesn't know how to chip his phone properly. I hacked his cell service. I know exactly where he took her."

I kept my mouth shut, not knowing exactly what to say as Matthew was pretty much the only one who knew the full story of events that has happened within the past 2 weeks between Sophie and I.

"Listen kid. I know times have been tough lately. With Sophie coming home and having a relapse along with the whole Avery situation but she's going to need you more than ever now." He said, taking a quick glance over to me through his rearview mirror.

"I just dont want Avery to be in any more danger, Matt. If that means having to let go of Sophie then that's exactly what I'll do." I spoke in a bland tone, feeling nervous as we finally pulled up to this house in the middle of nowhere.

Not realising what I was doing, my body reacted before my brain could, I was running towards the house, bashing the door down with my shoulder.

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd show up." My attention was brought to the voice that called down from the top of the stairs.

"Tom."