Chapter Ten: Giovanni Graffanino

***WARNING THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS THEMES OF VIOLENCE***

My words die in my throat, and I'm left having a staring contest with Giovanni. This is awkward, not only awkward but also inconvenient. Should I have practiced what I was going to say? Yes. Did I? Kind of but not really. As if it doesn't seem to be more awkward, I offer a small awkward wave accompanied by a small awkward smile. Giovanni opens the door and lets me inside; however, before I have time to explain myself the room fills with his guards.

"This is awkward." I say fidgeting.

"Eden what are you doing here at this hour? Why did you come? Why didn't you call?" He asks standing behind his desk with palms on the table. His eyes are lined with long dark lashes and his eyebrows are full and thick. He fashions a up kept extended goatee that accentuates his strong jawline. He's devilishly handsome just as he was when I left. However, something is off with him.

"Before you ask, No I'm not here to kill you or steal from you. I came here because I need help, and I'm running out of time. As for not calling, I don't have a phone nor your number." I walk closer to his desk at then end of my spill but I'm met by his guards instead. "Giovanni, please hear me out." I plead and he signals for his guards to let me go.

"I'm listening." He says before sitting down and putting his hands under his chin.

"I'm here to cash in on the favor you owe me. I have a list of supplies I need and I need cash as well. That's all, I won't-"

"You know you're a fugitive right? A HYDRA agent, on the run. Why should I help you?"

"Well you do owe me a favor... I-"

"You know they released your files right?" So he does know that I killed his father. "You know that they released your mission, targets... I know what you did Eden."

"Giovanni it wasn't-"

"When were you going to tell me? Hmm? When were you going to tell me you killed my father?" He says slamming his hands down on his desk and standing up. Anger is written all over his face and hatred fills his eyes.

"Giovanni I didn't have a choice when I was an agent. It was my life or his. I chose my life over his. I didn't want to die so I killed him. I was going to tell you, I was just not like this. I-"

"Save it Eden, you should never have come here."

"Giovanni please I don't want to hurt you."

"Hurt me?! You should have thought about that before you killed my father! Trattenerla!" Restrain her! As soon as the command comes out of his mouth his guards are on me. One grabs my arm and I instinctively headbutt him before spinning around and facing the room full of guards. Two of them come running at me, one of them swings a punch to my face but I duck and immediately thrust my palm up ramming into his chin and knocking him down. Then I turn to the second guard and he has a baton and swings forward at me. Twirling out of the way I use my elbow to hit the back of his head and grabbing his arm I hold his arm out straight and with my other hand I put pressure under his elbow until he releases the baton. I catch the baton before it hits the ground and smash it into the back of his head knocking him out. The last five step forward hesitantly, looking at each other. They don't want to fight but they also don't want to upset their boss.

The first steps forward and I turn my attention to him. I ready myself by bending my knees should I need to spring into attack. He rushes forward throwing a punch in front of him but I grab his wrist and spin into him. Driving my elbow up I hit and break his nose before tossing him over my shoulder and smashing him with my baton. I move toward the four remaining guards but they back up, and look at Giovanni pleadingly. I look over to Giovanni as well, arching an eyebrow at his defeated expression. Giovanni may be a swindler and arms dealer but he never was much good at fighting as his father was.