Chapter Twenty: Ashes to Ashes

The word stabs into me like a knife through flesh. The emotional and mental pain is indescribably worse than actually being stabbed. Anger replaces the pain and I begin to retaliate. I will not become his puppet, not today and not ever.

"I'll kill you!" I scream at him with saliva flying from my mouth like a rabid dog. I beat my fists against the wall behind me, wishing I could lunge at him and rip him apart. He looks up to me with pleasure in his eyes. I need to break him from reading the sequence, he'll have to start over if he doesn't say it consecutively.

"Aithreachas." Rue. I fight against the railroad nails pinning me by the wings to the wall.

"You know how your father died?! He died begging for his life! Just like you will!" My desperation grows with each passing second and I look over at Bucky as he bleeds while he pulls against his chains. The water being poured on me sizzles against my skin as I try to resist the effects of the words.

"Naoi fichead 's a còig" Ninety-five. He continues, narrowing his hatred stained eyes as I try to hold on to my humanity.

"Eden focus on me! Look at me!" Bucky shouts over to me and I look him in the eyes. He pulls steadily against his chains and I can hear the chains staining against his strength.

"I enjoyed taking his life. He died a coward's death." I lie, fighting back tears.

"Marbhadh." Carnage. Tears leak freely down my face as I start to lose my grip on my humanity. I hear Bucky chains snap and he jumps into action. He rips the book from Giovanni's hand and using his metal hand, sends him flying back into the stone wall cracking the surrounding area where Giovanni lands. Bucky tears the book to shreds and starts walking over to free me.

The sound of multiple shots firing rings in my ears and I watch as Bucky crumples onto the ground less than a foot in front of me.

"NOOO!" I scream out in anguish. Giovanni stumbles forward holding his gun out in front of him pointing it at Bucky. I move without thinking of myself. I place my hands on the wall and pick my feet up.

"Ciaradh an fheasgair." Dusk. He reads off in a panic. I firmly plant my feet on the wall and push myself forward. Giovanni watches in horror as I strain against the pins holding my to the wall. Bones break in my back as I keep pushing forward. I let out a soul crushing scream of utter agony as I find the strength to pull myself free from the wall. I collapse, shakenly, onto the ground. All the sounds around me sound muffled and I can't make out any distinct sound other than my breathing.

The warmth of my blood reminds me that it is real as it runs freely from my back. I pick myself off of the ground and look up to Giovanni who starts to flee from the scene. Springing into action, I start to chase after him as the flaming rivulets return to my skin now that I'm away from the water. I flash in front of him in a plume of smoke and flame and I grab the gun in his hand, ripping it away from him.

"Eden wait! Don't kill me! I can give you information! Valuable information!" He bargains.

"There is nothing in this world that can save you from me Giovanni."

"Was HE really worth this? Do you honestly believe he won't hurt you too? You gave up so much for someone who will never love you." He says changing his approach.

"Everyone is going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for. And I have. Addio Giovanni, brucia all'inferno."Goodbye Giovanni, burn in hell. I say as I grip onto his forehead and watch as his skin turns red, then black as it begins to melt off of his flesh. His screams fill the air but it's still muffled to me. He doesn't last long until his body is engulfed in flame and I release him. I watch him run from the room, a screaming ball of fire.