6//Questions

<<As always, song is inspo❤❤❤

Enjoy!!>>

Sapnap paused, seemingly collecting his thoughts. Dream waited for him to speak.

"George basically already said the gist of what happened earlier, so I guess I'll go into more detail," Sap started and Dream fiddled with the blankets. George's outburst almost felt like a dream, like it didn't really happen. Sapnap continued.

"You and George were recording another Minecraft Manhunt video. I think you guys were close to the end and you started chasing after him or something in the stronghold. You let him go after saying something on accident.

"George told me your exact words: 'Fine, but only because I love you.' He normally would have thought it was a joke but you sounded so serious. Then, when you freaked out a few seconds later, he knew you actually meant it."

Dream looked down. He felt like he should be getting emotional, but for some reason he just felt distant to the words. It was like he was just listening to a story about someone else. To be honest, it kind of sounded like the plot of a story he once read. He tuned back in when Sap started talking again.

"George just sort of logged off and disappeared for a bit before calling me. We talked about it some and then I called you. I asked you why you hadn't come out to us, you said you were scared we'd reject you, and I said that we'd love you no matter what. I told George to call you and he did and I'm not sure what happened after that until George called me again.

"He was panicking, saying that something bad had happened to you and that I needed to call 911. He was so worried for you that he was practically bawling to me over the phone.

"I called an ambulance, we flew here as fast as we could, and now we're here and George is off somewhere because you forgot him and I don't know if you'll be okay, and- and-" Sap whimpered, his voice shaky. His eyes were red with tears. Dream bit the inside of his cheek, trying to fight back tears of his own. His vision grew blurry anyway as he looked down at the IV once more.

"I'm sure I'll be fine, Sap," Dream said, trying to reassure his friend. Sap nodded, wiping away his tears with his sleeve. Sapnap's words had made Dream unsure though. What if he wasn't fine...? What if his amnesia didn't stop at George? What if he forgot Sap and Bad and Skeppy and-

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you more," Sap said, breaking Dream out of his spell. Sapnap sniffled. Dream smiled weakly.

"It's fine. Thanks Sap," Dream reassured him. Sapnap smiled, wiping his eyes. He looked towards the door, thinking about George. Dream didn't know how to feel about the man; should he love him? No, George rejected him. Would George even want to still be friends, considering Dream doesn't remember him whatsoever? They'd have to rebuild everything. That might be too painful for George, seeing as Dream would probably get everything wrong at first. Dream really wanted to make it up to George though...

"Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think George would want to be friends with me again?" Dream took his eyes off the door and met Sapnap's gaze.

"I don't know," he looked down, "Do you want me to go find him?"

Dream nodded. Sap stood up. Sap said that he'd be back soon and then he was gone. Dream closed his eyes. He wished that this was just a dream, that he would wake up soon and everything would be normal and he'd know what George's favorite color is, if he had any pets, what his last name was-

Dream yawned. He tried to ignore the relentless questions as his body begged for sleep.

When he opened his eyes again, he wasn't in a hospital bed.

He was sitting back at home, at his desk. Dream blinked, confused.

"-it was so great and I wish you could've been there! I mean, Sap's face was priceless!" George's voice came out of Dream's speakers.

"George? What happened?" Dream asked him, leaning forwards in his chair. He heard a creak from underneath of him, but ignored it. His chair always made weird noises. It was fine.

"Um, have you been listening?? I was telling you about Sapnap and I's latest video," George whined.

"No, I mean- One moment I was in the hospital and the next I'm here!" Dream sighed, frustrated. He heard George shuffle around on the other end of the call and wondered what he was doing.

"George?"

No response.

This felt familiar.

"George, I don't know if this is even real or not, but I'm sorry. I didn't want to forget you. I- I'm just scared and I just wish we could be friends again," his voice cracked towards the end. Dream felt tears roll down his cheeks, and quickly wiped them away.

"Dream, it's ok," George finally responded.

Dream fell silent asides from a few sniffles. He nodded, though George couldn't see.

"You're gonna be ok."

Dream opened his eyes. George was standing beside his bed, Sap next to him.

"George?" Dream blinked. George smiled for a second. He looked down and frowned again.

"You were talking in your sleep," Sap said, shifting his weight to one leg. Dream noticed that his friends were holding all of their stuff.

"You're leaving?" Dream looked up, a slight whine in his words. Neither of them met his gaze.

"Visiting hours are over, Dream," George said, looking down at his feet. Dream felt the anxiety in him bubble up again.

"But! We're staying for a few weeks, so we can come visit every day!" Sap perked up and George nodded. Dream smiled.

George and Sap said their goodbyes and Dream was left alone again.

This time, sleep didn't take Dream so easily.