16//I love you

<<as always song is inspo!!! Enjoy!!!💖💖💖💖>>

Sapnap had a lot to say, apparently.

When Dream went down in the morning to see the usual sight of Sapnap in the kitchen and George on the couch, he wasn't surprised.

What he was surprised by however was when Sap suddenly stood up at the breakfast table.

"Okay, look. I know you two are in love or something, but I just want to know what happened," he paused, sitting back down, "if that's okay. Its just one second George seems like he's really really upset at you and the next you're sucking face or whatever."

Clay blinked, trying to process what had happened.

"Nick-" George's voice cracked, shutting him up immediately.

"I'm sorry, I just-" Nick's eyes shot to his food, his dull green pupils darkened with guilt.

"Nick, it's alright," Clay began, choosing his words carefully, "anyone in your position would be confused."

Nick looked up, his eyes a little lighter. Clay took that as a sign to keep going.

"Apparently, even though my memories of George are gone, my feelings for him never left," Clay said, glancing over at his silent partner. George smiled a little when he caught Clay looking at him.

"Oh. What about George?" Nick tilted his head a little, still confused.

Clay bit his lip, turning his attention to George for him to talk. His expression changed from a smile to mild shock once he realised. George's eyes flicked down to his lap, clearing his throat as he tried to figure out what to say.

“Well, um..”

George squirmed, Clay watching as his boyfriend struggled to put his feelings into words.

"Nevermind, you don't have to tell me," Nick stopped George, the latter sighing in relief.

"Thanks," George muttered, rubbing his arm.

Over breakfast the three of them talked about what would happen, how this would affect their online selves, etc. Admittedly, it was nice to just sit down and talk with his two best friends. Even though the conversation started out awkward, it had settled into an enjoyable comfortableness.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, with Sapnap eventually accepting that Dream and George were together (only when they confirmed that their relationship was healthy and consentual, since he did have some doubts) and that he wouldn't be kicked out of the dream team. They watched a movie, played some video games, and had fun together.

Dream sighed, leaning back against the couch. They had just finished a horror movie, Sapnap having gone to make popcorn for the the next one.

"I can't believe you guys are leaving in two days," Dream broke the quiet, a frown tugging at the corners of his lips.

George flopped sideways, leaning on Dream's shoulder. "I know, I wish I could stay for longer," he hummed, wrapping his arms around Dream's.

Sapnap plopped down on Dream's other side, biting the inside of his cheek.

"I would totally stay, but I've got school ya know? I'm already so behind.."

"Maybe we could meet up at vidcon next year or something?" Dream glanced between the two, a hopeful glimmer in his eyes.

George nodded and Sapnap hummed.

"That would be nice," George smiled, cuddling into Dream's side. Dream sighed, content.

Maybe losing his memories wasn't that bad. After all, who knows if he would've gotten with George if not for his amnesia?

He did wish he could've gotten his memories back though. It would be nice to know all of their inside jokes, and have their relationship really feel like they've known each other for years.

And they did make the most of those two days.

They livestreamed, convinced Dream to do a face reveal (their fanbase absolutely lost it when Dream posted a selfie of the three of them together), and just enjoyed each other's company.

All good things must come to an end though, and it was time for George and Sapnap to leave.

They exchanged heartwarming goodbyes, laughed, tried to plan when they would meet up next, and as soon as they had arrived George and Sapnap were gone.

He stood there for a minute, watching as the rental car go further and further until it eventually left his sight.

For some reason, Dream felt like he had lost something. An important part of him had left, that he could never get back. He brushed off the feeling though, not wanting to remember this moment as a sad one.

Dream turned around and went back inside, the house suffocatingly quiet without his friends there. He already missed their presence.

His phone buzzed, Dream pulling it out of his pocket.

"Hello?"

"Can we just come live with you- SAPNAP! I'm trying to talk to Dream!" George's tinny voice and Sapnap's laugh played over his speaker, making Dream chuckle.

"That'd be awesome," he responded, sitting down on the couch.

"Yessss- sApNAp! StOp!"

"Sapnap, aren't you supposed to be driving?"

"He is, he's just annoying me! STOP WITH THE FEET OH MY GOD- I'll call you back Dream, I love you!"

The call ended with a click.

Dream blinked, his face heating up as he realised something.

"Did... Did he just say 'I love you'?"