13//Saltwater Sweets

<<As always, song is inspo!! Ty smile for introducing me to this song, its one of my favs now lol💖

Enjoy!!>>

The bright, Florida sun was hot on Dream's back as he helped George and Sapnap unload the car. He reached in and grabbed the bag that held their sunscreen, snacks, and towels.

"The water's gonna feel so good," Sap said, closing the trunk after the last of their items were taken out.

Dream agreed, slipping the strap over his shoulder. He adjusted his feet in his flip flops and began walking, humming softly to himself.

"Don't stay away, don't go to bed I'll make a cup of coffee for your head,"

Dream softly sang, kicking a pebble in front of his foot.

As the group walked, the beach around them was full of life. Dream looked over to his right, where a wedding was taking place. The couple looked cute together. One of the newly weds was wearing a crisp dull purple suit and a flower crown that matched the colors of the flag hanging on his wall at home. The other was wearing an elegant, typical wedding dress, a pastel rainbow flower crown nestled into their dark brown hair. They kissed, cheers and claps erupting from the guests.

Off to his left a young looking girl had set up a hot dog stand. Dream opened his mouth to tell his friends that they should get hot dogs for dinner from her, when he noticed a boy sneaking up behind her. The kid pushed some blond locks of hair out of his face before-

"Oh my god did that kid just light that hot dog stand on fire???" Dream gasped, his hands flying up to his mouth. Sapnap turned around to look, his eyes widening.

"OLLIE I SWEAR TO GOD!" the girl screamed, quickly grabbing a fire extinguisher from inside of the cart and dousing the flames. "Ollie" fell over laughing, only to get sprayed by the extinguisher.

"Come on guys! You're so slow!" George called out to them, already a few paces in front of them. Dream shook his head, before running to catch up with his short friend.

Weirder things have happened in Florida.

Dream led his friends to a nice shady spot under a tree. They were lucky it wasn't taken yet, seeing as most of the good spots had already been claimed with towels or bags or children.

"Ah crap, I think I left my phone in the car," Sapnap said right as he was about to sit down.

"Dummy," Dream replied, chuckling. He passed Sapnap the keys, before plopping down on the blanket George had spread out.

"Hey, can you get my back?" George asked, holding out the sunscreen to Dream.

Dream looked up and was met with a bare-chested George. A small wave of deja-vu came over him, most likely from that dream he had had about the convention.

"S-Sure," Dream tried his best to calm down, feeling his face already start to heat up.

Dream gently began massaging the sunscreen into George's back, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible. This is something bros do all the time, right? He didn't have to say no homo, right??

"Thanks!" George smiled, turning around to face Dream when he finished.

"Do you want me to get yours?" he asked, taking back the tube. Dream paused for a moment before shrugging.

"Why not," he said, taking off his shirt and turning around. The sunscreen was cold on his back, causing small shivers to run down his spine.

It took all of Dream's might to not focus on George's surprisingly delicate touch, or the way his hands fit perfectly in the divots of his shoulder blades.

As soon as the warmth of George's hands disappeared Dream missed them.

"Thanks," Dream said, moving to cover the rest of himself up with sunscreen.

"No problem," George said, humming softly.

Wind ruffled the pair's hair, the salty ocean air tickling their noses and filling Dream with a sense of calm. The beach was his happy place, somewhere he could go and forget about the world for a moment.

Nothing really mattered except the feeling of sand in his hands and cold saltwater lapping at his toes. No one cared how many followers he had, or when he was going to stream or upload next. Dream could just be himself with no wires attached.

George reached over Dream for a bag of chips, stretching his arm out. His other arm gave out and George fell, ending up laying across Dream's lap. George's face was bright red as he frantically moved to get off of Dream, flustered apologies flying out of his mouth like fish swimming away from a shark.

Dream laughed, quieting George's panicked "sorry"s.

"S'okay," he said, handing George the chips he had been reaching for. George muttered a thanks, opening them and shoving some into his mouth.

Dream stretched and stood up, getting ready to go for a swim.

"Wait-"

Dream turned around, raising an eyebrow.

"Do you wanna build a sandcastle?" George looked up at Dream, his eyes hopeful. Dream sighed.

"You're such a child George," Dream laughed, shaking his head a little, "Of course."

George grinned, and scrambled to his feet. He walked beside Dream, the two of them heading down to the waterside.

Dream began scooping up sand with his hands, making a pile.

"This would probably be easier with a bucket," he noted, making a sort of base lump out of the sand he had gathered.

George hummed in agreement. Dream looked over to see what he was doing,

George was collecting shells, his hand carefully clutching about seven or so of the small homes. He gently moved the sand to the side with his free hand. George let the waves aid in his search, Dream watching as the salty water washed away some of the wet sand revealing worn down pebbles and sparkling seashells.

"What are you doing... Step dream...?" George asked, not really paying attention to what he was saying.

"Wh- whAt!?" Dream stuttered, blushing bright red. George flushed, realising what he said. He laughed, throwing his head back. The clout glasses that had previously been resting on top of his head fell down onto his face, covering his eyes.

Dream began wheezing, having to sit down to catch his breath.

"S-Step dream?!" He asked between breaths. George started up again with a fit of giggles, which caused Dream to start wheezing again and, well, the cycle continued until Sapnap finally returned.

"Yo I'm back," he said, looking up from his phone at Dream and George. Dream tried to calm down by taking deep breaths, but it was hard when George's laughter was so contagious.

"What did y'all do while I was gone?" Sap raised an eyebrow.

"Build a, wheeze, sandcastle," Dream said, waving a hand towards their now even more deformed lump of wet sand. Sapnap shook his head, a smile on his face.

Dream wiped the small tears from the corners of his eyes with the back of his wrist, being careful to not get any bits of sand in his eyes.

"Oh man," he chuckled, moving to sit up straight, "George you're such an idiot."

George lightly pushed him, laughing, "No you're an idiot."

"You're both idiots, now can we have some lunch before I starve to death?" Sapnap said, getting out their sandwiches. Dream looked over at George and held back another wheeze, getting up and going to get a sandwich.

The trio did their best to enjoy the time they had together, until the sun grew close to the horizon.

Something came up and Sap had to go, telling his friends to call him when they planned on coming home.

Just like that, Dream and George were left alone.