Changers

10 Years Later

"You look astonishing" Adam complimented his wife. Selene gave a greatful smile but she wasn't through it. Victoria's death. 

Adam held her close to his chest, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"What's wrong? " he asked.

"Its just about... "

Adam cut her off before she could conclude
"Why are you still stuck with her death. She gone and there's nothing you can do"

Selene darted away. She looked around her in the master bedroom. Hayley was with the nanny in the nursery room. Her ten year old daughter was busy in her toys without knowing what her parents we're doing.

"You've had many affairs" Selene scolded.

Adam sighed. Trying to held her waist. She removed his hands.

"You don't even listen do you? " she said. "You only married me so you have me as your slave... "

"Shhh.. Hayley might hear you"

"You ruined my whole life... " Selene wept. However she knew about Adam's affair with Jacqueline and other girls even after their marriage. "And now you tell me that there's nothing I can do"

Selene stomped away angrily.  Adam couldn't do anything to stop her because he knew it was he's fault. For the love and care that he never gave her but had her as his slave. 

Selene  passed across the nursery room in tears and stopped. "Mommy " Hayley called.

Selene looked at her daughter.

"What happened?" Hayley asked. Going over to her mother.

"Nothing.. I'm just a little upset.. Go on play with nanny... You've to go to school tomorrow and be a good girl" Selene said and gestured Hayley over the nanny. The nanny gave a big smile as Selene left.

Jack laid back on his chair as he stared at the news editor Jim in the Hollywood's Latest Gossip.
Jim had his eyes on the paper in front of him.

Jim looked up at him. "So Arwen has been missing for ten years and yet no police has been able to figure out about her.. "

Jack smiled. "Really I don't know where she is"

Jim examined Jack's facial expression. It was clear,  innocent.

"She's dead isn't she? " Jim asked, terrified.

Jack came closer to his ears. "She's dead.. About seven years ago"

Jim looked at him startled.

"I think I've buried her body just to be sure.. Yes. Its near my garden. Her grave. " Jack stated. "She didn't love me and tried to leave the city but before she could I caught her and you don't know what I did to her." He went on. "I chained her up in my bed. Undressed her and raped her. It was amazing but she begged and cried for which made it less fun. So to make it more fun, I punched her and did it all again. Repeating it all daily making her feel how it feels when someone is madly in love with someone. "

Jim gasped.

"I kept her hidden for years. But one day when I came home I saw that she was hanging loose from the ceiling fan. She committed suicide. I gave her everything and even freedom in the house and fun with me but she chose death. So I hid her body"

Jim closed the papers and gulped his spit.
"So why're you here? "

Jack leaned back on the chair. "I'm here for the news you've printed about Arwen and me related about her being missing "

Jim sighed and gave out all the reports for he was scared of losing his life.  Jack grinned.

The Victorian Hotel  is now progressing. And Nicholas stood by the conference room, staring outside at the skies. It was beautiful. It always reminded her of Victoria. He loved her alot but he was too late. Years went by and he still has her in his heart.

The conference room settled with directors and managers as Nicholas took a brief look at everyone.

They all smiled.

"Shall we continue? " Nicholas said under his heavy breath.

                                     The End

< There was a little lesson. What was it? >