Chapter 2

Harry woke up to a distinct POP coming from the street. He peeked out the window to see it was just Arthur Weasley coming to collect him for the rest of the summer. He scrawled out a quick note to Petunia explaining he'd be staying with a friend for the rest of the summer, grabbed his shrunken school supplies from under the loose floorboard and ran out the door before anyone knew he was gone. He had been practicing wandless magic, something that wasn't commonly taught and therefore wasn't tracked by the ministry, just to ensure that he could get out of his room before his relatives woke up.

"Mr. Weasley, thanks for coming to get me."

"It's no problem at all Harry. Now, hold my arm tight and don't let go." Suddenly a squeezing sensation wrapped around him and he struggled to breath. Before he knew what had happened, his knees were on the ground and he was gasping for air.

"Arthur, did you forget he's never apparated before? Nevermind dear, where are your things?" Harry, not trusting his voice, fished his trunk out of his pocket and held it out in his hand. "Tsk tsk dear, you aren't allowed to do magic out of school."

"I did it on the train Mrs. Weasley. I haven't done magic outside of school." She smiled and resized his trunk for him.

"Well, now that that's settled come to breakfast. We're going to Diagon Alley today so you'll want as much energy as possible." He followed them into the house.

Breakfast was typical; loud and boisterous. He was surprised anyone had noticed him at all, they were so wrapped up in their food. A Hogwarts owl arrived with all of their letters shortly after the dishes were directed to the sink to start washing themselves. He managed to sneak away into the family room to read his.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Pass Grades:

Outstanding (O)

Exceeds Expectations (E)

Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:

Poor (P)

Dreadful (D)

Troll (T)

Harry James Potter has achieved:

Astronomy: A

Care of Magical Creatures: E

Charms: O

Defense Against the Dark Arts: O

Divination: A

Herbology: O

History of Magic: A

Potions: O

Transfiguration: E

He smiled. He had done better than he thought he would.

They left for Diagon Alley shortly after. Harry pulled Mrs. Weasley aside as soon as they got to the Alley.

"Mrs. Weasley, I was wondering if you'd mind terribly if I went to do some shopping for myself? I know you've got loads to do today and wouldn't want you all waiting because of me." She smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

"I think you're old enough to do your own shopping this year. I appreciate you offering Harry, but you know it's no trouble if you'd like us to keep up with you-"

"No, that's alright. I'd rather you all not have to wait while I pick out socks thanks." She laughed and agreed that her boys might find that a tad boring. As soon as Ron was distracted with the newest broom model, he hastened to Gringotts.