Chapter 15

"The cottage?" Shock and disbelief coloured Severus's voice as Harry gazed at the serene image in his hand.

"Yeah," Harry bent to gather the rest of the property file. "It's spacious for a cottage but it's still cozy and it sits on a few acres, most of which gets direct sunlight during the day. And there's plenty of fully grown trees to provide shade. It's even got a cellar we can use for potions if you'd like."

Severus looked down at the photo once more and glanced back at Harry.

"I suppose if you change your mind later, we can always relocate."

The move went smoothly. It didn't take any time at all for Harry to realize that the precious cottage was home to him now. He had taken to getting up in the morning, showering and going to spend as much time as possible with the Weasley's and Hermione as possible before he would be secluded away with Severus. It hadn't even been two full days before the questions started coming.

"Oi, when are you going to tell us why you're suddenly always around?"

"Yeah, we love having you but blimey, you'd think you're planning on not coming back for a century!"

"Alright boys, that's enough! If Harry wants to spend time here, he's more than welcome. Isn't that right, Harry dear?" Harry's throat had gone dry at being put on the spot. He had meant to talk to them about this, to come up with a plausible excuse but he couldn't remember what it was he was supposed to tell them.

"I-well..." Harry blushed and thanked Molly for the bowl of soup she had just handed him. Before Harry could say anything else, the kitchen door opened and the familiar scent of cloves and cinnamon washed over him.

"Molly, I hope you don't mind me dropping by for dinner."

"Severus! Not at all, grab yourself a seat! Supper is potato soup tonight but I know you don't particularly care for it. If you give me just a moment, I can get your favourite jam for the buns-"

"No need, Molly. While I appreciate the extra lengths you go to ensure I get enough...nutrients, it's no longer necessary." Molly's eyes lit up and Harry eyed Severus thoughtfully. The jam Molly was referring to was probably some sort of blood jam to make the man eat while she was around.

"Oh, how wonderful to hear! Anyone I know that's keeping you well fed at home?" Harry smiled as he watched Severus's cheeks tinge pink. Molly must have noticed as well. "So I do know her! Who is it?"

"He is rather important to me, so I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from the outburst I know is inevitably going to come." A shrewd look crossed over her face as she glanced between him and Harry.

"Harry dear?" Harry looked up at her, surprised that it was harder than he thought it would be. He dreaded to see disappointment. "Are you two...?" Harry nodded. "And are you happy?" He nodded once more. "Well, then I wish the two of you the best of luck and the happiest of blessings." Harry smiled, glad that she didn't seem upset.

"Mum?!" Molly turned on her children, her voice taking on a no-nonsense tone.

"Quiet you lot, I'll explain in detail later. You will heed me on this." The boys nodded, eyes wide and tucked into their dinner once more. An offhand comment about the next world cup got the room back to a normal atmosphere once more.

"Oh Harry? Let me know when you're able to write." Harry nodded, wondering just how she knew he wouldn't be able to write to them for the foreseeable future.

The two arrived back at the edge of the wards facing their cottage. Harry turned to Severus.

"How did she know?" Severus smiled.