Chapter 6

It wasn't until the last day of the year that he realized how much he was going to miss Hogwarts. It was the first place he had ever called home, the first place he had even felt safe. The NEWT results flooded in during breakfast and Harry tucked his away before leaving the table to find some peace by the lake.

His favourite spot by the lake was a bit further up than most students were willing to go due to the tall grass and large rocks. He plopped himself down to read his results.

Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test Results

Pass Grades:

Outstanding (O)

Exceeds Expectations (E)

Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:

Poor (P)

Dreadful (D)

Troll (T)

Harry James Potter has achieved:

Charms: O

Defense Against the Dark Arts: O

Herbology: O

Potions: O

Transfiguration: O

He smiled to himself and put the letter back in his pocket before summoning some rocks to throw into the lake. A gentle breeze ruffled his hair as the sun soaked into his robes to warm him. It was a beautiful morning and he was going to enjoy it as much as possible.

"You've managed quite the feat with your grades Mr. Potter." Harry turned to see Snape standing behind him. For some reason, Harry was glad that Snape had come to find him. The man pulled a scroll tied with an emerald green ribbon from an inside pocket of his robe and handed it to Harry.

"Sir?"

"I'll expect an answer from you before the end of the week." With that the man turned and practically disappeared to leave Harry feeling slightly confused at the random request.

Turning his attention to the scroll, Harry suddenly felt nervous. He couldn't imagine what the scroll would say. Deciding there was nothing else for it, he untied the silky ribbon and unrolled it.

Dear Mr. Potter,

It has been with great consideration and deliberation that Potion Master Severus Tobias Snape has approached us in regards to taking you on as an apprentice to the art of potion making. With your excellent NEWT results, we have decided to grant his request. Please consider your pending apprenticeship with Potion Master Severus Tobias Snape to be in good standing with the Board of Apprenticeships as well as the Society of Potion Masters.

Signed,

Ainmire O'Hara

Board of Apprenticeships

Andre Bordeur

Society of Potion Masters

Feeling his jaw drop in disbelief, Harry turned his attention to the second sheaf of parchment. This one wasn't as posh of a quality, but had a silver filigree lining the border.

Mr. Potter,

I've taken it upon myself to request approval for your apprenticeship should it still be desired. Rest assured, this offer still stands at any time should you decide to wait. Should you decide to accept this offer, please note the following rules that will have to be followed-and yes, apprenticeships do have rules.