Chapter 8: Tom

Previously on Silence Means You Agree:

It felt as if time stopped after the audio log ceased, leaving Caleb,me , and (Y/n) in silence.

Before meeting up at the gondola, Caleb,(Y/n), and me had to gather our courage and move forward...

Dark nights were upon us...

____________

No one's POV

Boris and Haley were walking through the hallway

"Boris?" Haley questioned

"Hm?" He replied

"Since we escaped, I noticed something...different about you..."

"Different? How so?"

"Earlier you defended me from Malice while I slept, and carried me in your arms away from there...now you sound a bit gruff...and you're kind of squeezing my hand a bit too hard...^^;...are you hiding something from me...?"

"Hiding something? Why would you think that?"

Haley stayed silent...

"Well...if you're that eager to know what's going on then I suppose I could..."

Then the lights went out

"HEY! Who turned out the lights??" Haley asked in the darkness

"Ugh...darn faulty wiring. Oh, there's a lightbox right behind me. Stay near me. Haley. I'll try and get the power back."

"I'm not going anywhere!"

"Heh. Just making sure...ack...aw man..."

"What happened, Boris?? Are you alright??" Haley asked

"I'm fine. Just a bit of a static shock." Boris replied

"...I have a feeling it's more than that..."

Boris stayed silent for a few seconds, then spoke up

"Alright. That should do it. The lights will be back  on in 3...2...1"

After the lights came on Haley looked in horror at Boris's arm

"Boris...I...I...I'm sorry...I didn't know that... I mean, you never told me you...you..."

Then tears appeared in Haley's eyes

"Haley, look at me for a sec" Boris told while touching her cheek

"I know this may come as a complete surprise. But things have changed since you and your family have been absent from the studio. Nothing is as it seems now. From here on out. I want to keep you safe from anything that will try and harm you. Since you bought us time to get away, I'm willing to return the favor so I ask you this...do you trust me?"

"Oh,Boris! Of course I do! I wouldn't want it any other way!" Haley told while hugging him

Boris returned the hug

"...thank goodness. Now let's get you to Allison. She's been expecting you...and pretty much your family as well."

To be continued...