Ending 2.a

Rin sobbed heavily on Kaito who held her tightly with his head hanging low. Len sat across them, his mind all blank and he could only see time passing by cruely. The doctor declared that they couldn't help Kaine and Kaito had to take Rin away from Kain's covered body. And as for Miku, she was lucky to only have broken ribs, concussion, all four broken limbs and a fractured jaw from being barged out of way by the side of the zig zagging truck after it hit Kaine, but she was managing.

Lying there in thick bandages and casts, she could only stare up at the ceiling with her already stinging eyes tears spilling down. Meiko, Luka and Gakupo ran through the hospital panting in front of them. "Oh, Rin-chan. We heard what happened....." Meiko sadly said as Luka struggled wiped her tears. Tears wouldn't stop falling from Kaito's eyes. He cried silently into Rin's shoulder. He just hoped everything was a bad dream and he would wake up to Rin holding him and Kain looking down at him with smiles. This was all his fault, but he always thought angrily that made this happen. Nothing in this world could help him apologize to Rin and Kain.

Rin finally stopped crying, her bright innocent eyes now blank and dark. She could feel and think of nothing. Returning back home, Kaito helped Rin to the bedroom and seated her on the bed before sitting down himself. "Rin-chan, this is all my fault. I'm so sorry. I made sure that the bodyguard was watching and thought that they would be enough...." he whispered on her shoulder as he wrapped his arm around him. "I'm so sorry."

Rin stared into blank space, not responding. "I know you're tired. So am I even though I don't have any right to say that." He said, lifting his head and held her tighter to his body. "If you don't want to forgive me, that's alright."

The next day, it was in the morning. Rin stayed up the whole night, still staring blankly with tears sometimes flowing out of them here and there. Kaito did his best to make her sleep, but he knew she wouldn't be able to, because how?? Her child died in front of her. Their child died in front of them. And now that he thought back then, he was glad that Len was there and pulled them back because there was no point and the truck was about to hit him anyway, nothing able to help it. And Kain would have wanted them to live than be hurt.

He was still mourning, but managed to keep it together. But Rin, she remains the same of course. If not, worse. "Rin-chan, Rin-chan." Rin snapped out of her trance to see that it was morning. Kaito helped her sit straight at her bed and kissed her good morning. "It's morning. I'm going to get you breakfast and you can see if you still eat or not." He said gently. He left and she sat still, looking down at her lap. Kaito came with a tray of food and placed it in front of her. "Even if you're not hungry, you should still eat, Rin." He told her, cutting a piece of waffles for her.

"I want a bre..." Rin whispered.

"Hm? What did you say?" He asked.

"I want....a break from our relationship." She said. Dread fell, and Kaito's eyes widened.

"No....no, please, Rin-chan, I'm sorry, but please don't do this!!" He pleaded, crying again, hugging her.

A few days later, Rin sat at her bedroom, holding Kain's blood stained clothes. The clothes were washed yet there still remained the blood, as settle reminder that this really happened and the only she can do is to move on the past. She stared down at it for moment before putting it in the small box along with the scraped shoes, and stood up, putting it in her bedroom closet.

Kaito had his face in his hands as he sat on his bed, silently crying. Miku stood at the door way of his room. Just before she could only think of Kaito being stolen, and that she needed him back. Then it was tiredness. Now it was nothing. Why did she feel nothing now?? That child that she hoped for it to disappear was now gone and she couldn't stop crying for him and felt too shameful to go any near Rin. They stood like that for an hour, until the sound of the beer bottle smashed against the ground.