Chapter three

3 days later

"I can't believe they've not fixed my car yet

"I can't believe they've not fixed my car yet. This is ridiculous I'm considering reporting the company. I mean I'm paying them good money and they are clearly taking the piss." Seidou nags as he keeps his hands on the wheel heading back from his work.
"Unbelievable" Blaise boredly responds to Seidou's usual nags disinterested.

Seidou sighs he didn't know how to be around her. He was terrible at talking to girls as it was but he always ranted on around her she must think that he's an asshole. He covers his head with his hands. Realising he's messed everything up by ranting to much when speaking to her as he didn't know what else to say to her but complain about stuff.

"So what have you been up to anyway?" Seidou asks her trying to start a real conversation with the red head.
Blaise's eyes widen as she finds Seidou having an interest in her personal life rather confusing.
"Well just college really and the Observatory as usual." Blaise responds
Expecting him to respond with a mean comment however he simply nods as if he isn't sure what to say next. Blaise raises her eyebrow for a moment wondering what's going on with him.
Blaise awaits a response Seidou but he doesn't.
"So." Blaise replies
"So what?" Seidou asks
"So what about you?" She responds
"O-oh me well uh just work you know how that is. Just working to higher my status and finally become a real investigator." He replies eagerly

Blaise doesn't understand how anyone could go out of their time to kill Ghouls. I mean sure they were becoming a problem in Tokyo and if she was in a life and death situation with one she would most likely kill to survive. However Blaise would protect Touka and Mika with her life. Two years ago she was cornered by a Ghoul and she was terrified when another Ghoul saved her life. Since then she was shocked and surprised as she would never expect a Ghoul to save her life. It changed the way she viewed the ghoul world forever and realised just as you can get good and bad humans you could also get good and bad Ghouls and that anyone around her could be a ghoul people she loved.

Blaise couldn't believe how long it took her to understand that. She wanted to help Ghouls she wanted to find away to help Ghouls and humans co exist but how would that be possible? Considering Ghouls need human flesh to survive.

She remembered crying in the corner of the alleyway terrified but she remembered seeing the ghoul who attacked her fall over as Yoshimura stood in the place the previous ghoul wearing his mask as he told her not to worry and that she was safe. Blaise couldn't believe her eyes knowing Yoshimura all her life for raising Mika and Touka.
Blaise couldn't stop shaking as Yoshimura reached out his hand for her to take and took her to their coffee shop as Mika and Touka tried to embrace her but Blaise was in too much shock and was unable to process.

Her best friends had lied to her and weren't who she thought they were. Until she realised that was wrong and they still were her best friends and they always would be.
Since then Blaise would still visit the shop and visit the kind Ghouls in there as if nothing had changed showing her accept as her friends had showed her a different side to the ghoul world and opened her eyes. She would spent her time after that trying to find answers to help Ghouls and humans coexist as well as studying space.

"Blaise?" Seidou asks the red haired girl lost in thought as she snaps her eyes open and looks at him
"Hmm?" She questions
"What were you thinking about?" He asks her
"Oh nothing just a blast from the past really. Sorry" she laughs
"You Zone out a lot I take it?" He snaps as the park outside Blaise's house
Blaise pauses taken aback by his words
"I guess so" she dryly responds forcing a smile as she lets herself out

Seidou sighs to himself while covering his eyes with his palm in defeat.
"Shit Seidou." He whispers mentally sighing at how rude he was again.
"Why are you like this?" He asks himself as Blaise suddenly looks over her shoulder at him and smiles.

Blood suddenly fills Seidou's cheeks as she smile and his heart stammers in his chest as she quietly enters her home.
Seidou quietly walks to his home when a familiar voice calls his name. Seidou glances to see his best friend Aimo approach him

"How did it go?" Aimo asks him as they approach Seidou's house
"I've ruined my chances with her" he sighs sitting down on his couch. Once getting inside
"I doubt that Seidou." He says sitting beside his friend
"I struggle to talk to her about things I just complain I guess that's what I'm best at. It helps me fill in the voids" he admits
"Why don't you be honest with her about how you feel?" Aimo asks
Seidou's eyes snap open and widen like saucers as his face goes extremely red.
"What!!"
"Take her on a date?"
"I can't do that!" He dramatically yells
"Why not?" Aimo asks standing up and folding his arms
"Because she sees me as some asshole I doubt she'll want to go on a date with me now"
"Tell her the truth. Tell her the reason you always complain around her"
"No she'll think I'm a freak!"
"It's worth a try Seidou. You'll never know how she'll actually feel unless you try and fight for her if she means that much to you."

Seidou's heart thuds thinking of her twinkling blue orbs that sparkle and her sweet smile which would make his heart melt and he loved her hair. The fiery red which swayed making her look like an angel. An angel of fire. She made his stomach flutter. He'd never dated before he couldn't even allow himself to pursue other woman because Blaise always lingered in the back of his mind.

"I'm such an idiot."
He decided he was going to buy her flowers and show up to her house and ask her on a date tomorrow it made him feel sick to his core with nerves as he felt stupid even considering it.

Blaise sits on her roof with her legs in a basket watching the stars as she normally did with a soft smile on her lips. It was so peaceful outside making her softly hum to herself. Suddenly a shooting star passes by causing her blue orbs the twinkle with excitement that was the third shooting star she's ever seen.
"Yes!" She glees with delight

Little does she know that a rooftop in the distance two dangerous ghouls watch her

Little does she know that a rooftop in the distance two dangerous ghouls watch her. Eto and Tatara stand on a roof top as their cloths flap in the wind.
"Oh my oh my. Look at that little firefly." Eto points out when she spots the red haired human girl sitting on her roof
"She's a brave one this one. I like her."
"Shall we kidnap her Eto?" Tatara asks her
"Not yet. Not yet I'm curious to learn more."