Prison

Caren's POV

I don't want to move, I don't want to sleep, I don't want to eat.

I will surely die.

My only will to live is knowing Steve will be back with the gang soon. When that happens, god only knows people will die.

My bed creaks as I sit up for the first time all day.

Moaning, I walk over to the window. The sun is above me, and I aim my ring at the window of the abandoned house next door.

It has become a common thing over the past few days. My only means of communication to Richie.

Just as soon as I reflect on the window, a light reflects back. Richie is awake.

I'm sure he hasn't slept at all. He was never much of a big sleeper to start with.

I hear footsteps outside the my door. I swerve around just in time before the lock opens, and my dad walks in.

I am far enough from the window, that he wouldn't suspect anything.

"Come on, we're going on a little road trip." Is all he says before he drags me out the door.

Shit, Steve and the gang should be here any day now. They won't know where I've gone. I think to myself.

Quickly, I make sure my ring reflects on Richie's window two times.

He knows it means danger.

Dad leads me down the hall to the main door. I flinch when I hear wood creaking behind me. It's his gang.

I squint when the sun blares in my eyes. I haven't been outside all week.

I'm just about to climb into my dad's car, when I see a glint of chrome come up the long road.

My family. They have come just in time.

I let out a sigh of relief. My father has stopped pushing me, and is staring at the two cars in alarm.

The cars stop near us, and immediately, I see Soda and Steve climb out of one car, and Darry, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit in the other.

Dads egregious behavior has become something more. Far worse. He looks like he could kill someone.

He shoves me to the ground. I groan, as my bruised hands hit the ground.

Soda instinctively surges toward me, but Darry holds him back.

If Darry hadn't stopped him, Soda would most likely be on the ground bleeding.

By now, Dad's gang has lined up behind him, and I shudder.

There were more than five, there were close to ten.

"Let her go." Soda says harshly, I see his hand trail to his back pocket. He has a switchblade.

My dad jerks me back up, and I let out a whimper as he pulls my hair.

The next thing I know, he has a gun pointed at my head.

"Let her go." Soda repeats.

"Why should I?" Dad asks, he's enjoying this.

He knows we can't beat them.

Soda doesn't reply, he only looks me dead in the eye.

Richie comes out of the abandoned house, and comes to stand next to Soda.

"You?" Dad spats in disgust.

"You have no right to hurt her." Richie says and ignores Dad's comment.

"She's my daughter, I can do whatever I want to her." Is the only thing he says.

It's the right moment.

Swiftly, my leg shoots up and I slam it into Dad's knee.

He groans, and lessens his grip on my hair.

I take it to my advantage, and pull my hair away from his grasp.

Soda is immediately beside me, and pulls me away from Dad.

He looks into my eyes, I've never been so grateful to see those blue eyes.

Before I know it, both gangs have clashed, and Soda and I are in the middle of it.

I have no weapon, Dad had taken my switchblade.

Immediately, Soda hands me a gun. I take it from him without hesitation.

Soda brings out his switchblade, and pops it open.

"Look out!" He yells, and I drop to my knees.

He punches a man, and stumbles around me until I find I'm left to fend for myself.

A man comes at me, and I use the butt of the pistol to hit his jaw.

He stumbles back, and I run.

I don't look back, just keep running. I hit the city limits, and stop.

Catching my breath, slouch, and start to nervously cry.

I have never been much of a crier, but this was my breaking point.

The end of the line.