Prologue

August 8, 1981
Afternoon

"WE WILL OFFER THAT THING TO THE DARK LORD." Lucius started to saunter out of the chamber, but the irate voice of his wife caused him to halt.

"NO! We will not!" Narcissa protested. "This is just a child, Lucius! If we offer him to the Dark Lord his life will be at risk! Don't you have a heart?"

"That thing isn't ours!" He hissed, "It is yours and that filthy man you screwed!"

Narcissa was in tears. Fear, regret, and guilt evident in her eyes──and yet she never averted her gaze to her husband.

"I told you, I didn't know how it happened."

The furious man angrily shook his head and glared at her. "We will offer that thing to the Dark Lord. It doesn't matter if his life is at risk." Lucius' tone was filled with anger. "Our Draco's life too is at risk! Do you only care about that bastard!"

He stopped when he felt a hand smacked his cheek. Narcissa's tears were running down like a waterfall. Her lips trembled as she responded to her pureblood husband.

"You think I don't care about our son?" Her voiced cracked, "I gave birth to him. I love him. I didn't want this life for him, we just──we didn't have any other choice."

She paused for a moment, waiting for the platinum blonde to state another remark, but he remained silent. His eyes never flickered from the ground but the anger he felt was still evident on his features.

"I am his mother. And this child in my womb is also mine. I will love this child as much as I love Draco. I love our son. So, don't ever say that in my face again."

"Prove it."

"Prove what?"

"That you love our son."

The woman closed her eyes, letting the remaining tears in her eyes fall. She knew what was coming if she agreed, as well as what will happen if she didn't.

"Because if it isn't that. Draco will be the one to be offered." Lucius expanded.

It was true. If they offered the child in her womb, Draco will not grow up with such power that can kill.

But does she want that for the younger child?

The others knew that she was pregnant. And they too want to offer their children, but the Dark Lord only chose their family. She didn't know why. Neither did Lucius.

The Dark Lord has an idea. His plan to use a spell that an old friend of his created. She was a smart and powerful witch. A Parseltongue like him. That is the only information they got about the Creator. No name was mentioned. No one asked, either. They were too afraid to do so.

The spell can make someone powerful. And this power is hard to control. They can die with too much of it inside them. That is why the spell was made not only for one, but two. That is why he only needs one child.

One's soul has always a connection to another. It is only in the matter of time for them to find who.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

August 9, 1981
Midnight

"MY FRIENDS. I HAVE BEEN WAITING. And now," the Dark Wizard started, "You have one for me? Is it our dear Draco?" he questioned, looking around for the said boy but the first born wasn't present.