Hero | Mina Ashido

Requested By: An Amino user

Genre: 💙

Warnings: mentions of death

Other: None

--

She was always the one with the brightest smile.

The most cocky attitude.

Everyone adored her, especially me.

Even now that we've made it to UA, nothing has changed.

She's still the girl of my dreams, and I'm still the boy trying to reach what's out of my league.

[M/n] [L/n], class 1-B, general studies.

I think it was obvious that everyone wanted to be a Hero, however fate is cruel in picking who gets to live that dream.

I'm not jealous of her, she deserves to be where she is. She always has been a Hero, no training needed.

She had the flash, the courage, the drive to help others no matter what.

And I loved her for it.

I gave her hints, small gestures and little advances. Though she never seemed to got the meaning.

I guess that meant that she didn't see me in the same light I saw her. She didn't see the love because she didn't feel it too.

We were 'best friends' as she put it, I wouldn't change that for the world. But it hurts.

It really hurts.

I don't know why I keep hoping, i don't know why I keep hanging around as though one day she is just going to magically love me.

It's stupid.

People keep trying to tell me to not give up, that maybe she likes me back and doesn't want to say anything.

I know that's not true.

It's not true because I cry myself to sleep every night as victim to the searing pain in my throat.

The blood on my bedsheets.

The goddamn stupid petals.

Pink like her.

The hanahaki disease, pretty nasty stuff, and a pretty clear sign of unrequited affections. Ha.

And they say I still have a chance.

Doctors say I have months to live.

So no, there's no chance for me.

There never was.

------
Short and angsty

My depresso is still going strong apparently ╰(▔∀▔)╯