Prologue (Bakugou's POV)

Bakugou was feeling terrible.

His best friend, Izuku Midoryia, still hadn't stood up for himself when Bakugou tried to help him become stronger by aggravating him, and on top of that, he'd failed a test he'd studied hard for, so when Izuku just let Bakugou's lackeys push him around, he had snapped.

He'd pushed Izuku down onto the floor, and blown up his notebook, telling him he was just a useless Deku with a shitty quirk.
Then, he'd started walking away, but when he'd reached the door, he turned around and said something he'd regret saying for god knows how long.

"Why don't you just take swan dive off of the roof, and hope you get a useful quirk in your next life."

Izuku's head had shot up, and for once, his eyes had looked alive, and he'd smiled that smile, literally making the room light up, and his reply had shaken Bakugou intensely.

"You know, that's great advise. Arigato, Kacchan. Goodbye."

And then he'd got up, and walked out of there like he hadn't just informed his best friend he'd attempt suicide.

---

It wasn't until he got home he'd gotten the news. Someone had noticed a person on the school roof, and quickly gotten up there, in an attempt to save him.
Sadly, before the person could reach him, he'd jumped.

Kacchan instantly knew. His best friend, the boy he'd known since... Since his birth, and grown up with, was... Gone.