Chapter 18 - Mr Gen Ed

"The sports festival will be tomorrow. The other students already know, but you were in that coma when we told them." Izuku blinked up at Aizawa. Usually, he would have been talking a bit... Softer. And he wouldn't just have held him back after class. Izuku couldn't help wonder if he'd done something wrong.

"Alright, I'll get ready then." He quickly got up and left, with the excuse of getting to his next class. When he exited the classroom he sighed and made his way to Sir Nezu's office. Whenever he was sad, the sympathic principal usually gave him tea, and Izuku trusted him the most at that point. On his way there, he passed-
"Dad?!" They both stopped dead in their tracks.
"Hey 'Zuku, sorry I haven't talked much today, but-"
"You were just in the classroom!" He frowned.
"No, I've been in the teachers' lounge all of today, what are you talking about?" Izuku shivered."Dad there- You were there..."

---

They came to a stop outside the classroom, and entered to find a blonde-haired girl with yellow eyes.
"I've heard so much about you, Izu-Kun!" She giggled and Aizawa prepared his scarf, but she ran to the window. She grabbed the windowsills, winked at Izuku, and jumped out the window. Aizawa turned to Izuku.
"How did she know you, Stray?" Izuku gulped, struggling to think of something. "She's probably seen my face on the news or something. I did get kidnapped by villains." Aizawa nodded and they went back to the teachers' lounge.

"G'morning, Pops. Auntie, Grandma Chiyo, Uncle C, Uncle E, Uncle S, Kan, Thirteen." Izuku nodded his head at each of the teachers, passive-aggressively ignoring All Might.
A chorus of "Good morning!"s rang through the room, and Chiyo's usual "Have you taken your vitamins today?" Izuku chuckled, before making his way to Nezu's office, to tell him about the blonde girl.
After having explained everything, Nezu shooed Izuku out of his office with a worried look, so that he could go prepare for the sports festival.

He stopped by the lab to pick up his new and better hero suit, with Hatsume still ignoring him. Izuku sighed, knowing she'd come around eventually.
He tried his costume on and grinned, happy with how well his new costume fit him.
Going to the training grounds, he started punching at a doll, when he felt a presence looming behind him.
"Kacchan, this really isn't a good time," Izuku said when an abrupt sound had him whirling around and kicking at the perpetrator. He fell into his usual tempo once he recognised the determined glare of one of the General Education students. They'd sparred a lot recently, even though they'd never asked each others' names. All Izuku knew about him was that he was in gen-ed, he took support classes, and he didn't like to talk. 

Izuku narrowly dodged one of his punches and responded with a roundhouse kick, sweeping him off his feet. Jumping onto his abdomen, he placed his knees on his legs, grabbed his arms with his own, and laid an arm on his throat, applying just enough pressure for him to feel it. "Looks like you've fallen for me, Mr Gen-Ed." He simply scoffed at Izuku's smug tone and trashed around, making him fall off. 

"Rematch." He signed with his newly freed hands. Izuku nodded, getting up again.
They got in fighting position, and not a long time passed before hey were both panting loudly. Izuku looked his sparring partner in the eyes, raising an eyebrow. He sneered, and charged again. Meeting him head-on Izuku tried blocking, but he slammed him to the ground instead. Mr Gen Ed smirked, and Izuku responded with a smirk of his own.

For a second, he was confused. But the next second, Izuku'd kicked him in the stomach, effectively shoving him off.
He pulled him up from the ground and slightly hurled him away, resulting in a few metres between the two of them. He ran up on Izuku from behind, and before he could react, he'd grabbed his wrists and pushed him onto the ground again. He chuckle, sticking his tongue out at him, before sighing. 

"Okay, okay, you got me. You won." He smirked, and Izuku got up. They did a brofist and went into their respective locker rooms. Izuku being a support course student and him being gen-ed, they weren't really allowed to use any of these things, but one or two complaints to Nezu and Cementoss had gotten on the case very quickly. And now everyone had a shared training ground where they could train with whoever they wanted, and locker rooms for gen-ed and support had also been added.

After Izuku had changed, he stepped out of the lockers again, and only once he was halfway to his dorm did he realize Mr Gen-Ed looked like he was leaning towards Izuku's face when he pinned him to the floor.