17 - wake up

he rose up slowly, rubbing his eyes and running his hand through his hair. he looked at the clock. he'd been sleeping for the past four hours. he felt emptiness in his stomach, but thought nothing of it. he didn't feel like eating.

seán saw the tears on his pillow that he had been crying ever since he got home, and a small pool of vomit on his blanket. he must have thrown up or something in his sleep...attractive.

he went to the bathroom and got a towel to clean it up, trying to make the blanket as clean as possible with what he had. when he was done with it he chucked it into the corner of the room and collapsed back onto his bed. almost immediately, tears began to stream violently down his face as he thought back to the events that had unfolded earlier on that day and the night before. that's when he heard the door open.

"hey seán...you're finally awake." it was the voice of his mother. he sat up and wiped his eyes before turning to face her.

"oh...hey mom." her smile turned into a frown as she walked over to him and sat on his bed with him.

"are you okay? you look like you've been crying." she put her hand on top of her sons before seán yanked it away.

"yeah. i'm fine." she sighed and stood up, picking up the towel in the corner of the room to put it in the washing basket.

"you can always talk to me. i worry about you sometimes."

"yeah. i know." seán replied, not really wanting to continue with the conversation. his mother sighed again.

"anyway...there's a boy outside. i think his names ethan. he wants to come in." seán's eyes widened at the mention of his name. he didn't think he would actually come. not after what had happened last night.

"uh...let him in. he's my friend." his mother nodded and left the room, taking the dirty towel with her. seán looked outside of his window and realised that his mother was correct: he could see ethan standing at their front door, hands in his pockets, wearing the same thing that he was wearing the night before. then he disappeared, presumably because he had been let in.

seán took several deep breaths, a little bit scared to talk to ethan. it was like the tables had turned. within only a matter of seconds there was a knock at his bedroom door, and when he went to open it, ethan was stood right there in front of him.

a/n: ik this is short but i lost motivation halfway through writing it